• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dusty Baker fired by Reds

WallyWorld

10:55am: Baker was fired after he stood up for hitting coach Brook Jacoby, writes Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. Jocketty informed Baker that he was planning on firing Jacoby, to which Baker replied, "If want to fire someone, fire me," as he felt it was unfair for blame to fall on Jacoby.

Baker said he felt he was doing what was right by defending Jacoby and would like to continue his managerial career elsewhere, adds Heyman. The past several days have been difficult, Baker conceded, as he's also been receiving hate mail from angry fans.

10:55am: Baker was fired after he stood up for hitting coach Brook Jacoby, writes Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. Jocketty informed Baker that he was planning on firing Jacoby, to which Baker replied, "If want to fire someone, fire me," as he felt it was unfair for blame to fall on Jacoby.

Baker said he felt he was doing what was right by defending Jacoby and would like to continue his managerial career elsewhere, adds Heyman. The past several days have been difficult, Baker conceded, as he's also been receiving hate mail from angry fans.

Good for him, standing up for his guys. I don't understand the hate mail. It's not as if Baker deliberately threw games during the season or in the playoffs. Venting on a message board is one thing, intruding on someone's privacy is quite another.

Stupid.

If Johnny Cueto pitches like he has all year this is a non issue.

His "all year" was 11 starts and 60 IP. They should have used him like SF used Lincecum last season, they had enough pitching to do so. May have done so if latos was healthy

Not a Dusty Baker fan but one has to question that this was warranted.

Edited by James

I've never been particularly fond of Dusty's on-field managing(and obviously none of us really know how a manager is with the rest of the behind the scenes stuff, but apparently the Reds don't think Dusty's skills there don't outweigh his on-field deficiencies), so I can't say I think the Reds made a bad decision here.

It does seem to be an awfully quick change of heart on him though.

The Cubs have had 9 managers in the past 14 years. 

Fire the manager!  That's the smart move.

In Dusty's case, it sounds like he was ready to move on.

If you're bringing this up as it relates to the Angels, then it has no relevance, since the Angels have had the same manager for 14 seasons.

His "all year" was 11 starts and 60 IP. They should have used him like SF used Lincecum last season, they had enough pitching to do so. May have done so if latos was healthy

Not a Dusty Baker fan but one has to question that this was warranted.

I meant to say like normal Cueto.

What flute said is another reason why I don't think relieving Mike is going to really make a difference. Dusty is a bad manager according to a lot of you and his team has still made the playoffs three of the last four years. Managers don't make a big difference in the wins and losses. I want a change of voice because I want to see a little more life out of the team. Still not sure it will lead to results, but we haven't made the playoffs in years so why not try a change.