• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

iTunes Radio

red321

What a piece of frackin' trash.

Start with Larry and His Flask -> Hank III (don't see that, but ok) -> one screaming wanna be green day after another...including songs I told it never to play again...which then appear to get in to a loop.

I guess we know where the Map makers were "promoted" to

Haven't tried Slacker...it compares favorably to Pandora? I've considered the Siriux/XM internet streaming, makes me feel old but Meg Griffin's show on The Loft is fantastic, very Roots music based (the genre, not the band).

I'm probably just going to end up going back to kexp.org streaming

I have a feeling the iTunes is geared towards getting you to purchase stuff and probably basis a lot of the selections on what is popular/most purchased

You might have listened at the wrong time on kexp...though if you are a power metal fan, I don't think they'll have much to offer you regardless. The only time I've heard a lot of techno is on Monday nights or maybe weekend nights. 

Haven't tried Slacker...it compares favorably to Pandora? I've considered the Siriux/XM internet streaming, makes me feel old but Meg Griffin's show on The Loft is fantastic, very Roots music based (the genre, not the band).

I'm probably just going to end up going back to kexp.org streaming

Let me put it this way: once I started using Slacker after they redesigned their site and UI, I stopped using Pandora completely. I haven't gone to the site or downloaded the app when installing new ROMs on my phone.

Once you get your stations tweaked on Slacker, it's even better.

It's not even a contest, IMO. Pandora is neat, but give Slacker a shot. It's far better and allows for better discovery.

Lol.

I like alternative too, that is what drew me to KEXP but I didn't hear much alternative at all.  Even one techno song is too much for me.

I can see that...I tend to listen to specific shows, usually roots and blues based. Not sure what their daytime is like.

Let me put it this way: once I started using Slacker after they redesigned their site and UI, I stopped using Pandora completely. I haven't gone to the site or downloaded the app when installing new ROMs on my phone.

Once you get your stations tweaked on Slacker, it's even better.

It's not even a contest, IMO. Pandora is neat, but give Slacker a shot. It's far better and allows for better discovery.

Will definitely give that a look

Edited by red321

I just tried slacker. Took up 110MB of memory for some reason and threw a bunch of low memory errors. I also picked one of my favorite bands and its choice for first track was a joke track called "Omitted for Clarity" that is 20 seconds of silence.

Then it hit me with back-to-back Papa Roach and Nickelback. Uninstalled.

That's a bummer. Maybe they're having issues with the new app. It's a very good service.

Also, every service is going to hit you with crap at the start if it's taste based.

I'd give it another shot if I were you once any issues with the new app are fixed. As a service, it's much better than the alternatives.

I understand getting some junk songs - it's happened with Pandora and others - but Papa Roach and Nickelback are just about the two most offensive suggestions imaginable when you start with a band as good as Karnivool. That would be like putting in "Tool" and getting Puddle of Mudd. With only 6 skips on the free account, I was going through them too quickly, and it wasn't learning. I also put in Rx Bandits, who put out two ska records 15 years ago and then evolved over the last decade into an amazing rock band. Slacker immediately pegged them as SKANK MASTER SUPREMES and loaded me up with Save Ferris and all that. Maybe I'm just a snob.

I bought TuneIn radio ages ago and I've had nearly as good luck picking genre radio from that as any "algorithm" service.

I understand getting some junk songs - it's happened with Pandora and others - but Papa Roach and Nickelback are just about the two most offensive suggestions imaginable when you start with a band as good as Karnivool. That would be like putting in "Tool" and getting Puddle of Mudd. With only 6 skips on the free account, I was going through them too quickly, and it wasn't learning. I also put in Rx Bandits, who put out two ska records 15 years ago and then evolved over the last decade into an amazing rock band. Slacker immediately pegged them as SKANK MASTER SUPREMES and loaded me up with Save Ferris and all that. Maybe I'm just a snob.

I bought TuneIn radio ages ago and I've had nearly as good luck picking genre radio from that as any "algorithm" service.

Check out this guy. What a turd. I play Nickelback and Papa Roach for you too if you were still in my clubhouse space.

You are just difficult.

I say **** you, Jobu.