• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT: 9/17/13 Angels @ A's

that's like saying you'd rather have bloody explosive diarrhea as opposed to just explosive diarrhea. 

Both would have ended in losses but at leas Blanton's would have been quick.

It's the difference between having your finger cut off with a laser versus having it pulled off slowly at the knuckle

Iannetta still has work to do on getting on the same page with his pitchers.

Kohn hasn't been horrible, and it is his first season back from TJ surgery.

Richards has to be in the rotation next season, and with that 2.90 ERA in his 68 innings since returning to the rotation, he has #3 starter potential.

kohn isn't a bad guy as the 6th guy out or as AAA depth if someone gets hurt.  I get that they are trying to see what he's made of, but the outcome was obvious from the time he stepped on the mound.  Teams like the A's - ones with good zone management - eat that dudes lunch more often than not. 

Ianetta is a poor pitch caller.  He calls more 0-2 fastballs than any catcher I can remember.  He's trying to get a guy with shitty command to throw a ball out off the plate by just enough that the guy will hit a weak grounder, or let it go.  It's like asking me to replicate the Mona Lisa. 

Richards is filthy. 

I agree that Kohn best serves them in 2014 as a 5th or 6th guy in the pen.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he improved on his 2013 results.

his overall numbers might look better if the have a short leash on him.  ie, if he comes in with a 3-4 run lead and puts a couple of runners on base, then someone else can take his place.  I don't want to see him allowed to grind his way thru an inning unless there is no doubt about the score.  Frankly, it why our pen has been so bad the last few years.  Guys like this in spots where the game isn't a foregone conclusion, and because everyone else is about the same except maybe the top two, he get left in there so as not to burn out the back of the pen.