• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 Chiefs Thread

Brandon

Good article on the defense on Grantland.

I'm surprised, the Chiefs and Broncos have played 5 of the same opponents and only have a point differential of 7 points.

The defense is on pace for some serious historic feats and have the fourth most fantasy points so far this year.

Good article on the defense on Grantland.

I'm surprised, the Chiefs and Broncos have played 5 of the same opponents and only have a point differential of 7 points.

The defense is on pace for some serious historic feats and have the fourth most fantasy points so far this year.

I have had some interesting trade offers for the Chiefs defense this season.

I picked them up after the Philly game. Surprised they were there holding the 2nd ranked offense (stats as of now, maybe not then) to 10 points.

That is exactly the same time I picked them up.  Got me 30 points last week against the Raiders.  What a difference Reid has made.  They are pretty much the same team as last year with solid coaching.

Sutton, not Reid.

Which is unique because he has never had good defenses. The article I mention talks about Romeo Crennel being a reaction based D while Sutton is attacking but also letting the players do what they are good at.

The key is the front line. They lead the league in sacks, but 2/3 of them are without blitzing. Dumping the bust Dorsey, changing the scheme for Jackson, and Poe who is making people eat crow about the team picking him.

Sutton, not Reid.

Which is unique because he has never had good defenses. The article I mention talks about Romeo Crennel being a reaction based D while Sutton is attacking but also letting the players do what they are good at.

The key is the front line. They lead the league in sacks, but 2/3 of them are without blitzing. Dumping the bust Dorsey, changing the scheme for Jackson, and Poe who is making people eat crow about the team picking him.

Hali is happy.

Sutton, not Reid.

Love it!

Only undefeated team left.

I like it.

Tough and good win. Offense still worries me a bit, but seeing how bad Denver's D is gives me hope for the division.

I know I shouldn't, but I always worry about the teams you don't see coming. The Browns at home should be absolutely no problem. Those Bills on the other hand? Playing them in their house is never an easy proposition, for anyone.

Beating Denver in Denver however is at whole other level. I believe we have what it takes defensively to make it a low scoring game. Although, at some point we will need to score. Can we score enough points on Denver’s defense In Denver is the big question?

I wonder if we will use our two weeks off before the game to practice in Denver, getting acclimated to the climate?

Chiefs will get tested coming up, that is for sure.  So far this year, the Chiefs have played one team (Cowboys) that has a winning record.  The rest of their opponents have a combined record of 11-30.  Will be interesting to see if the Chiefs offense can come back in games when needed in the 4th Quarter.  As good as that defense is, can the offense play from behind and win a game when needed?  I don't think they've had to yet.  The rest of their schedule is pretty brutal in terms of the offenses they will have.  Denver twice, San Diego twice, Redskins, and Indy.  I wouldn't worry about Buffalo.  Their bread and butter is running the ball so I'm sure the Chiefs will just stack the box and force whatever QB to try and throw the ball.

The good ol schedule comment. You go to any Chiefs article with a comment section and this is all the trolls can muster. Yet, you never hear anyone mention they have played the same teams as the Broncos, but two opponents, nor do they look at the other top teams schedules to find out the teams with the best records in the league also have played a schedule of teams under .500.

The fourth quarter comeback is a new one. They came back against Tennessee in the fourth (speaking of records, they were 3-1 when we played them) and they also held Dallas and Houston. I think the idea is to not be trailing in the fourth and the Chiefs have yet to allow a touchdown in the fourth quarter, so I'd say they are doing pretty well in that area.

Not worried about offenses since Philly, statistically speaking, have the second ranked offense and we held them in Philly.

The team will probably go 13-3 but I want to see how they do in the playoffs. My goal for the year was to win a playoff game. I'm not buying the ESPN articles talking championship and comparing the D to championship teams of the Ravens, Bucs, and Pats.

You can only play who the NFL puts in front of you. By the end of the season at least these schedule comments will go away heading into the playoffs.

Hey, I agree with the points you made. And you're right, you can only play the sxchedule in front of you. And Demver finally hit a good team in Indy and lost. I think the game against the Cowboys was a huge wake up call for Denver. If Romo didn't throw that interception, Dallas would probably have one that game. There was no doubt their defense wasn't going to stop him from going down field. He was eating them alive all game.

My point is as good as KCs defense is, it's hard to go through an entire season that good. There will be a game or two when they are off. My question is if the Chiefs are down by say 10 points in the 4th, can their offense come back and win the game? I'm not so sure and I'm sure a lot of Chiefs fans aren't sure either.

I tried to go with upsets earlier and got my ass handed to me. Mix in teams like the Bengals or any other up and down team this year and it's been rough.

If they didn't ha e Denver next week I think they lose this one. That said, it's possible they overlook Buffalo to Denver and lose.

I tried to go with upsets earlier and got my ass handed to me. Mix in teams like the Bengals or any other up and down team this year and it's been rough.

If they didn't ha e Denver next week I think they lose this one. That said, it's possible they overlook Buffalo to Denver and lose.

I did last night. Took Miami. Good game