• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 Chiefs Thread

Brandon

You mad your upset pick didn't come through?

Not sure what you're basing chocking playoff games at home....there simply haven't been many since the 90's. Baltimore beat us in 2010 and were the better team. Colts beat us in a shootout where no one punted. And I think '98 Gonzalez caught a ball in the endzone that would have won the game but was called out if bounds.....back in the push out and no replay era.

Hardly choking.

No one is saying they are going to win it all, but they are at least contenders. KC, Denver, Indy, Seattle, GB, SF. I don't think NO and NE are good enough, but find ways to win tricky games...and lose them.

not mad at all, the teams winning and coming off a 2-14 season, I don't expect anyone to respect them. they look like the kind of team that finds ways to win and beat teams with solid prep....and even better when the team isn't playing well at all on one side of the ball.

welcome to the chiefs thread Jeff, jumping ship from a terrible team?

not to mention, I was just merely correcting his bogus claim.

Edited by Brandon

Chiefs D is SB contender but I just have a hard time seeing them get there with Smith at QB. That said, Peyton's arm is definitely not the same anymore and he seems to lose more and more juice with each month. Who knwos how wobbly his throws will be looking come January. Chiefs D may be able to feast on him and the Chiefs O does just enough to get it done. In any case, Chiefs fans are no doubt enjoying the ride this year, regardless of the outcome at the end. Didn't expect this kind of start after last season's debacle

Looking at the top teams in the AFC the Chiefs have a shot if they're playing like this going into the playoffs.  Their offense isn't the greatest but I agree about Peyton's arm as some of his short passes have looked like bad as of late particularly since the Indy game when he got knocked around.  The other top AFC teams all have issues - NE's defense has looked shaky at times while losing Wilfork, Cincy just lost Atkins for the year and Indy lost Wayne and seems to just scrape by which won't last in the playoffs.

That's why I mentioned the Chiefs as contenders. Every team in the AFC, and NFC while I think about it, have flaws and can be beat.

As we saw with SEA/TB, IND/HOU, and NY/NO any team can be beat or have a tough game. There isn't the powers like years past and it's pretty open. The key seems to be finding ways to scrap and win games when you're not at your best.

I like some Broncos fans assertion that this team looks like the 2000-2001 Ravens team. It's nit pretty, but they find a way to win games others would lose.

Like BB said, enjoying the ride. Probably go 13-3, but I'm more curious how we play Denver and Indy. I don't think the Chargers are very good, but will be a challenge. Still hoping to just win a playoff game then see what happens.

I like our chances next week off a bye, how Denver played a bad SD team, and Peyton sounds like he won't be 100% after one of those final plays when he got rolled. If this was in KC, I'd think a win was pretty sure. In Denver it will still be tough, but seems more possible.

Hope KC goes in with the chip on their shoulder from the naysayers about schedule or some of the ridiculous things I've seen on the internet.