• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shooting at Washington Navy Yard

m0nkey

wow, the numbers have gone up dramatically since 7:30 this morning.

did they catch the first suspect? i had to laugh a little inside because they described him as a black male, bald, wearing black clothes, and they're running this description while showing in the background police officers who were black, bald, and wearing black.

wow, the numbers have gone up dramatically since 7:30 this morning.

did they catch the first suspect? i had to laugh a little inside because they described him as a black male, bald, wearing black clothes, and they're running this description while showing in the background police officers who were black, bald, and wearing black.

The first suspect is dead.

Apparently he's Aaron Alexis from Fort Worth.  Civilian contractor.

That's because mass shootings are common.  Poozy actually finding a college that will let him in isn't.   ;)

Funny!

Someone with a CCW could have ended this, before the number of victims got that high.  But, lets take more guns away from law-abiding citizens so we can't defend ourselves from real wack-jobs...

Right LB?

No.  It didn't prevent the Marine Barracks in Beirut from getting truck-bombed.  

The only way to "prevent" these incidents, is for friends, family, and co-workers to recognize illness in these mass-murderers.  This guy sounds like he was a good candidate for prevention.

Armed, qualified people are certainly able to interrupt these mass-shootings though.

No.  It didn't prevent the Marine Barracks in Beirut from getting truck-bombed.  

The only way to "prevent" these incidents, is for friends, family, and co-workers to recognize illness in these mass-murderers.  This guy sounds like he was a good candidate for prevention.

Armed, qualified people are certainly able to interrupt these mass-shootings though.

"But, lets take more guns away from law-abiding citizens so we can't defend ourselves from real wack-jobs..."

He had two previous incidents involving guns, yet also had a special security clearance. How does that happen??

I wonder about that too.  I work in a secured compound that requires a secret/special access clearance, and just a few months ago we had somebody fired (voluntary retirement) because of something much more minor than that.  How does somebody with a history keep a clearance?  Or maybe his clearance was revoked, who knows.  

Edited by Glen

I wonder about that too.  I work in a secured compound that requires a secret/special access clearance, and just a few months ago we had somebody fired (voluntary retirement) because of something much more minor than that.  How does somebody with a history keep a clearance?  Or maybe his clearance was revoked, who knows.  

On the news yesterday they said he may have used someone else's ID to get in.

From an article I read yesterday.  He was a subcontractor for a company that has a contract with the military or something like that.  Because he was a subcontractor for an outside firm, they can't dig as deep as a pure government position can.  The way they were describing it, government clearance would look at military history, and other things.  But a subcontractor can only see honorably discharged, and since no charges were filled in any of his gun things, those might not have shown up.  And I believe that it's illegal for companies to look into medical issues as a reason for hire.  

Not sure what his job was in the place.  For all we know, he could have been a janitor, so he had clearance to enter the building.