• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nice quality start by Jerome Williams.......however....

disarcina

Very nice quality start/ outing by Jerome Williams today against Houston at Houston.

Still, however, I still pretty much see him as a 4-A type sixth starter for us next season if he remains with the Halos.

Williams has had some good starts for the Halos this year and has even put together a short string of consecutive good starts.

But he's been very inconsistent.

He's a decent back (way back) of the rotation guy, long relief pen guy at a very reasonable contract price -- but I really don't see him as much more than that for the Halos.

If he's our fifth starter as the team breaks camp in 2014, we're headed to more of the same (of the 2013 season).

Williams is a great player to have a AAA who can be recalled on a moment's notice and provide the team with a decent start while a rotation guy is on the short term DL or just needs to miss a turn.

Problem is, he'll probably be a $3M+ player next year after arbitration.  That could make him a non-tender candidate.

Good point.  I think he signed for $2 this year, but with the Angels desperate for starters and a BP, he may be re-signed.  He's proven he is useful.  I like him as a spot-starter, long reliever.  He is less expensive at $3 than Blanton and Hanson.

Problem is, he'll probably be a $3M+ player next year after arbitration.  That could make him a non-tender candidate.

Angels could offer him a 3/$7.  And he may just take it.  It's a bit of an overpay by the Angels.  But it would lock up a question mark on the roster.  

And I'd rather have him as long relief than Blanton.  This would be paying extra so that Blanton isn't on the team, and I'm fine with that.  

No way JW is not on this team next year.  Excellent long reliever, 6th starter.

His last ARB. is 2014.  Definitely worth 4/5 million next year,

You should really research what relievers make.  4/5 million for a long reliever is stupid overpaying.

Edited by gotbeer