• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike is handling the kids

Splint7438

I don't think that's what he's saying B, I think he's more calling out the veterans for playing unemotional ball most of the year.

I'm ready for a change in managers despite this winning streak. I believe Mike can manage effectively given his type of players. I just don't think his vision matches with Arte's vision.

Give Mike guys that are like Erstad or Molina, that can play situational baseball and those teams will out perform expectations. Give Mike an all star team and they wont love up to expectations.

Arte should have no vision of how to do anything other than pay the bills and give his baseball people what they need.    He's got the marketing down -- but if he's been the guy pulling the strings, he is out of his element.

I don't think most people realize this, but even before Pujols and Kendrick went down, we were a top 4 offense in almost every single category (runs, average, actually top 2 in OPS). We've dropped down to 5-6 in the rankings since they left, so this whole ''young guys play with more heart'' thing holds almost no merit. As Stradling said, the difference has been the pitching. Everything that has gone wrong this year has been the pitching/defense. Of course our offense has had RISP problems, but all in all they've been a good one throughout the year. This is why we can't enter ''rebuild'' mode yet, because we have guys who are exiting their primes and right now were fielding a top notch offense. 

Instead of going out and signing the likes of Hamilton and Pujols in FA, why don't we try and acquire some cheap, cost controlled pitching? Easier said than done but I hope Dipoto (and especially Arte) have realized what the teams real problem is.

I don't think most people realize this, but even before Pujols and Kendrick went down, we were a top 4 offense in almost every single category (runs, average, actually top 2 in OPS). We've dropped down to 5-6 in the rankings since they left, so this whole ''young guys play with more heart'' thing holds almost no merit. As Stradling said, the difference has been the pitching. Everything that has gone wrong this year has been the pitching/defense. Of course our offense has had RISP problems, but all in all they've been a good one throughout the year. This is why we can't enter ''rebuild'' mode yet, because we have guys who are exiting their primes and right now were fielding a top notch offense. 

Instead of going out and signing the likes of Hamilton and Pujols in FA, why don't we try and acquire some cheap, cost controlled pitching? Easier said than done but I hope Dipoto (and especially Arte) have realized what the teams real problem is.

Overall rankings don't quite tell the story..  Since August 1st the Angels are in the lower teens when it comes to runs scored.   The Angels are almost a case study of the benefits of run production vs those of run prevention.   Like most of the studies done before prevention>production.

Need more HRs...

Edited by Inside Pitch

It seems like earlier n he year we were waiting around to see how the team would lose that days game. Remember when they were going so bad earlier and Jerome was cruising through the lineup in Cleveland? I think he had faced the minimum until two outs in the sixth. He gave up a base hit and you could see the whole teams shoulders slump. They were still up 5-0 ass I recall and yet you could tell they were going to lose control f this game. When the next batter hi a home run it looked like th Angels knew it too. The whole mentality feels different tha it did earlier in the year.

It's too bad that Trumbo would likely not net Zach Lee from the Raviners, although they could still dangle HK for Lee and go with Green at 2B (until Lindsey being ready) and Jimenez at 3B in 2014.

I still like the idea of having a Trout/Bourjos/Calhoun OF (Shuck as 4th OF) with Hamilton as DH.

Edited by Angel Oracle

"I think it is time to say it out loud........Mike Scoscia can manage motivated players."

not to rain on your parade, but i think pretty most MLB managers can manage motivated players. the issue has been to get them motivated in the first place.