• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mike is handling the kids

Splint7438

I mentioned to my brother this week that the Angels need to look into offering daycare at the stadium on game days. Have you all noticed how young this team has gotten since the ASG? Recently we have had several games where we have had between 7 and 11 players with less than three years experience playing. Have you also noticed the 12-3 record in the last 15 games? I think it is time to say it out loud........Mike Scoscia can manage motivated players. I was of the opinion earlier this season that it was time for him to go. Now I am not so sure. These kids all want to stay in the bigs thus the motivation. Mike needs to be able to motivate ALL of his players to be successful. He needs to be able to manage a full season not just a month of games. I think we bring mike back next season but give him a short leash. No more coming out of gate flat. We need to to still be in contention after 20 games.

Lol my intention was to write a post supporting Mike and I have. If he can just motivate everybody from day one of ST and try to win the games in Tempe instead of just getting the work in, I think we start better and play better all year. We need a little urgency from day one. Please excuse the rambling. Go Rams!

The wins may not come at this rate but they are playing well. Playing well doesn't always lead to wins but lazy unemotional play almost always leads to losses. As long as they are playing inspired baseball I am ok with how the record plays out. But the play we have seen most of this year has been uninspired and lazy. How else do you go from a top tier defense to a lower tier defense in one season? Every facet of our game has struggled at times this year. Right now everything is going well. Of course .800 ball isn't sustainable but .600 is when you are playing this well. Most of us thought the angels would play like this before the season. We just thought the roster doing it would look different.

I don't think that's what he's saying B, I think he's more calling out the veterans for playing unemotional ball most of the year.

I'm ready for a change in managers despite this winning streak. I believe Mike can manage effectively given his type of players. I just don't think his vision matches with Arte's vision.

Give Mike guys that are like Erstad or Molina, that can play situational baseball and those teams will out perform expectations. Give Mike an all star team and they wont love up to expectations.

My post said most players. Even if Hamilton and Pujols were playing well, that's what 5 more wins at most? The bullpen needs 3-4 new pitchers and the Angels need two starters in the offseason. I hope this hot streak doesn't fool the team into thinking everything is ok because there is still a lot of work to be done. 

No it isn't. The bullpen would still have blown many of those games. Don't look at career averages for guys like Bloaton and Hanson. Their last two years were terrible. If everything would have worked out for this team they still were woefully short in the pen. They probably would have won around the same number of games as last season.

It really is mostly the starting pitching.

most of the 'kids' are on the offensive side of the ball and the offense is performing below league average over the last 30 days and about where they have all season for the last 15.  Half of their production is from that one young guy. 

they have a rotation and the pen has been solid.  no mystery here.

I'm ready for a change in managers despite this winning streak. I believe Mike can manage effectively given his type of players. I just don't think his vision matches with Arte's vision.

I'm not certain that Arte has a vision, apart from bringing in well-known names for marketing purposes. He has shown a willingness to spend, but the wisdom of that spending has been rightfully questioned.