• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Angels Minor League Affiliate Playoffs Thread

Chuck

That makes me less disappointed in Cron and more excited about Grichuk and Lindsey and the progress they've made this year.  But maybe that's just my optimistic side shining through. 

Really though, when you look at it, when's the last time we had two players take this big of a leap forward at AA?  It happens all the time down in A ball or in the Cal League, but AA?  Jimenez was already solid and AA kind of just proved it.  Trout was already other-worldly and again, AA sort of just proved it.  

This is the first time I remember anything like this happening with two 21 year olds in the system.  It's quite uncommon to blast that many HR's at Dickey Stephens Park or anywhere in AA really.  Trout hit 11 in 91 games, Jimenez hit 18 in 125 games, Trumbo hit 15 in 137 games. 

Probably going to get catch some flack for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Andy Marte up after the AAA season is over.  I understand he's a total bust up there with Brandon Wood, but he's looked pretty solid in AAA and does still have a lot of potential (that will very likely go unrealized).  Lucho looks pretty solid up with the major league club and he's quickly establishing himself as a fan favorite.  

I just think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to see if the Angels incidentally caught lightning in a bottle with Marte.  If something clicked and he figured it out, seeing him and Jimenez head into Spring Training next year could not only be entertaining but beneficial for the Angels who are used to Callaspo type of production.