• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nolasco

Troll Daddy

We'd probably get the career norm version, but pay based on this year.  So 5/$120, for a guy if you take out this year, has had a 1.30 WHIP and 4.49 ERA through his first 7 seasons.  Also adding he'd be switching from a career NL to a the AL.  

If he was cheap, sure.  But I have a feeling with this years FA class, he won't be cheap.  

We'd probably get the career norm version, but pay based on this year.  So 5/$120, for a guy if you take out this year, has had a 1.30 WHIP and 4.49 ERA through his first 7 seasons.  Also adding he'd be switching from a career NL to a the AL.  

If he was cheap, sure.  But I have a feeling with this years FA class, he won't be cheap.  

Dodgers will probably over pay for him but they have Kershaw to consider first. Nolasco is from SoCal and will probably take a hometown discount.

Dipoto has two holes to fill at SP ... an Ace should be priority first in my mind before any guy named Vargas, Garza, or Nolasco.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Where's your faith in Dipoto?

My faith in his(or any GM's) ability to pull an ace out of their hat?

Considering the FA market doesn't feature any pitcher I would consider an ace and the Angels don't have what it would take to realistically trade for one, I would say it's nonexistent as it should be.

Edited by jshep

Remember the last time the Angels picked up an ex-Dodger pitcher in free agency that got picked up in a midseason trade? Wonder how that turned out.

I'm getting senile, drawing a blank on name of said player. It wasn't Mope, who pitched two full seasons for the Raviners before signing here in 2006.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't like his track record at all. He's been a #4 or #5 his whole career, that's the last thing we need for our rotation next year. Let another team overpay for his career year

have you seen what our #4 and 5 starters have done this year? 

i'd at least give him a call or have lunch with him.