• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Friday night shenanigans

Just polished off a veggie burger.  Because it's Friday, I got a lil' crazy and melted some cheddar cheese on top.  Enjoyed it while watching USA vs. Mexican-American team. 

I thought I was supposed to pick up my mom and my new dad at LAX tonight, but upon checking the flight status, I have learned DR will be going to the airport tomorrow morning. 

I'm debating what episode of Miami Vice to watch.  Might go with the Sonny Burnett amnesia arc (4th/5th season). 

You know, I turned down a trip to Miami this weekend.  Sitting here on a Friday night, I am regretting that poor decision. 

I had a steak last night.

Last night would have made for a better Friday Night Shenanigan.  Let's pretend Thursday is the new Friday.  Here's how it went down:

Went to the Grove (3rd and Fairfax) to catch a movie.  Hadn't been there in a while.  My first time back since my wife passed...she loved walking around there, looking at the tourists and we'd sneak a sandwich into a movie with the help of her massive purse.  I believe the trendy term is 'hobo bag.'

Anyways, I walked around a bit and decided to check out a movie.  Settled on "21 and Over," which -- what's the word I'm looking for? -- SUCKED!!!

It didn't help that the name of one of the producers in the credits was someone who passed on one of my scripts.  I say without hesitation and with total humilty that my script would've made a waaaaaaay better movie than this steaming pile of donkey kong.  Hell, any one of my Friday Night Shenanigans would've been mo' better and that's not exactly a testament to genius.

I nearly walked out but I figured I didn't have to be anywhere and I also wanted to see the song credits.

After the movie I walked over to Farmers Market and got a quarter pound of peanuts (blanched, salted).  Delicious and full of quality.  They had a good, crisp texture to them.

Got back in the car and headed to the old neighborhood where my wife and I lived.  I took a walk around and thought about checking on an old neighbor but decided I wasn't in the mood.  Instead, I walked to a tea shop and had a cup of earl gray.  It was okay.  It was a little too organic, but it was warm and the shop provided warmth and shelter.  In the words of Ernest Hemingway, 'a clean, well lighted place.'

I was sort of killing time since I was meeting friends for dinner.  Eventually, I met my friend at his office and we headed out with another friend.  we went to the Soho House, which is the semi-new place to be seen (I didn't belong there).  It's full of agents and wannabe's and I am not an agent. 

You drive into a parking structure, get reemed by the valet and check in at a desk by these little Gucci dressed robots who give you attitude like the Gucci dressed robots who work at the Gucci store.  Once they give you their blessing, you can go up an elevator with leather, padded walls.  It delivers youuonto a two story foyer on the top floor of a converted office space. 

This part is actually pretty interesting:  The elevator door opened and who's there waiting to get on?  Curtis Jackson.  All smiles. 

We sat down for dinner (without 50 Cent) and I ordered the skirt steak with fries.  But not before polishing off a very good ceaser salad.  I had two diet cokes (bottled).  The steak was a little too salty for my sake, but what the hell; it's steak so it's like watching the WBC...not the best quality but it fills a need.

Our table had a really great view of Sunset Blvd, and with the rain coming down, it looked pretty cool.  Reese Witherspoon was sitting a couple tables over.  I highly doubt she had the steak.

I had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert and it was really something special.  Cooked just so.  Not too hard but with a crispness to the edges. 

After dinner, my friend dropped me at my car and I met him back at his place where I stayed the night.  Separate beds, of course, but I can see the one liners coming way ahead of time so I had to put it on the record.

I woke up this morning and hit the gym with my friend at a very suspicious hour (6:30am).  Went to Mel's Diner for egg whites and cheese after.  They cook it in too much oil for my liking, but the coffee was good.  It fired me up for the day.  Perhaps this is why I'm still awake. 

Ok I didn't read of all of that, but I started to and you're a script writer?

DR is a writer but makes money doing scripts. Can't stop the words from flowing when you have a good story. Good read DR, I kinda laugh knowing every step of the trail you went on, I worked over at CBS for a while.

Love the Grove. It's even a plus that they made that theater assigned seating. And the old Farmers Market side is fun to walk through, and grab a snack here and there.

So where is your old neighborhood Downing?

I would have rather spent a Friday night watching the stars at Gilmore field but that land is now home to the Grove.

DR used to live in West Hollywood between Melrose and Santa Monica Blvd.  It was a good place to live in that we were able to walk many places and the gays kept the area very tidy and safe.  My wife walked around without threat or worry.

The veggie burger was prepared at home, Morninstar brand.  What I do is microwave it to get the frozen out, then crisp it in a non-oiled skillet, with the cheese melted on top.  I find a small swipe of mayonnaise is a good topper. as well, on top of said cheese.  With a glass of water, it feels me up and keeps me from lunching off on a slice of pizza or Miguels, Jr. bean-rice-and-cheese burrito. 

DR used to live in West Hollywood between Melrose and Santa Monica Blvd.  It was a good place to live in that we were able to walk many places and the gays kept the area very tidy and safe.  My wife walked around without threat or worry.

The veggie burger was prepared at home, Morninstar brand.  What I do is microwave it to get the frozen out, then crisp it in a non-oiled skillet, with the cheese melted on top.  I find a small swipe of mayonnaise is a good topper. as well, on top of said cheese.  With a glass of water, it feels me up and keeps me from lunching off on a slice of pizza or Miguels, Jr. bean-rice-and-cheese burrito. 

I love Miguel's Jr.

Morning star farms makes a good griller.. Try popping that bad boy into a toaster instead of frying it and see what you think.

Try Quorn brand frozen veggie products. Everything I've had from them is better than Morningstar and Boca. Not that Morningstar and Boca aren't good, Quorn is just far superior.