• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT: 8/29/13 Angels @ Tampa Bay

I can't disagree too much, the only thing I would say in Bourjos' defense is that there's a good chance his wrist is bothering him now.  Bourjos also, in his best year, hit for a much higher AVG, and I would say is a better defender.

I wouldn't say high average but he has a low obp with a little pop.

I have no doubt that Calhoun will outproduce him with the bat if given a full time role.

And Bourjos value on defense is lessened by having Trout on the same team.

*slaps forehead*

I'm growing so very tired of this.  No, of course Scioscia didn't send him.  But when a team for YEARS consistently makes large numbers of horrible outs on the basepaths, then there's something wrong with the general baserunning philohophy/strategy of that team, no?  Clearly the players are either too aggressive and/or have a horrible sense of when it's a good time to try and take the extra base.  Is that type of instruction not within the manager's purview??? 

*Slaps own forehead*

It isn't ALWAYS the coach.

My son plays ball......not at this level but a high level around the country at 18 years old. He has Trout like speed and gets to do whatever he wants on the bases. 

To blame Scoicsia for every little thing is utter nonsense. The players are making the errors and Sosh can't  put  every player in a timeout for every blunder they make.

holy balls, why do you refuse to see logic?  Who is giving your son the green light to do what he wants on the bases? Is it Jebus? If the manager of the team didn't want him to run whenever he wanted, then he would instruct him accordingly.  IT'S UP TO THE MANAGER.

holy balls, why do you refuse to see logic?  Who is giving your son the green light to do what he wants on the bases? Is it Jebus? If the manager of the team didn't want him to run whenever he wanted, then he would instruct him accordingly.  IT'S UP TO THE MANAGER.

Not always. Some managers just say.....you have the green light to go when you want. He is a smart enough player to understand the situations and act accordingly.

I see logic....but not from people on this board sometimes. Nobody was calling for Scoiscia to be fired when Hunter was getting thrown out all the time being aggressive.

It's OK though you guys continue to bash Sosh..