• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Since we need pitching, which FA is most likely to become an Angel for 2014?

nate

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Angels sign in 2014?

• Curtis Granderson
    • Carlos Beltran
    • Jacoby Ellsbury
    • Mike Napli
    • Nelson Cruz
    • Robinson Cano
    • Shin-soo Choo

Don't know who, but Choo is intriguing.  

Dude always puts up a good OPS including plate discipline, scores a lot of runs, and plays rock solid defense.

Beware though that he is the magic age 32 in July 2014.

It's too bad that Arte Moreno couldn't wait a year, and signed Choo instead of Hamilton.

Edited by Angel Oracle

They are going to sign Cano to make a big splash.  Then Trade Kendrick to the Dogs for some pitching prospects.  Scary thing is, it could happen.

it's interesting, because if they hadn't done the hamilton thing then I actually wouldn't mind that approach because of how bad the available starting pitching options are in this FA class.  They actually had FA SP options last year.  Not great ones, but better than this years. 

I still like the idea of bringing in McCann.  Solid hitter and could help with the staff after being around the Braves for his entire career. 

They are going to sign Cano to make a big splash.  Then Trade Kendrick to the Dogs for some pitching prospects.  Scary thing is, it could happen.

This won't happen. We don't have the payroll space to sign Cano, period. We have other options to replace Kendrick.

I mean rationally Cano will want a 7 yr.+/$200 million contract, correct? He is on the wrong side of 30 as well. I just don't see any logic in why Arte and whether it's Jerry or someone else would want to take on such a burden to an already taxed payroll?

It would really hamstring our budget moving forward and just doesn't seem even remotely possible in my view. Moreno would have to authorize a massive increase in budget and Cano is just getting too old and we would regret ever investing $200 million in someone like him. It would also make signing Trout long-term even more difficult.

Nate is just stirring the pot.  Everyone knows the needs are pitching.  Maybe a trade or two will necessitate signing a FA player, but the focus will be starting pitching and the bull pen.

So what you are saying is Cano for 10/200.  Got it.

How you can have any faith in this org doing the right thing this off season is beyond me.

Choo is not a bad idea. I love the idea of putting a super high on base guy in the lead off spot ahead of Mike Trout. We would score a ton of runs. If they do sign him I almost want to predict an extra 100 runs scored next year (insane prediction I know). Borjous is already our best trading chip at this point. I only hope his injuries this year haven't hurt his value.