• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ok Albert, if you say so........

Ohtaniland

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/9589478/albert-pujols-los-angeles-angels-expects-return-strong-2014

"If I stay healthy, I will keep on hitting....

"There is no pressure at all. When you have the kind of stats in MLB like I do....

"I knew that I wouldn't hit exactly the same like I did during the first 11 seasons in St. Louis. 

"As you grow older, you start worrying about bat speed," he said. "My speed has been the same since 2001 up until now.....

"I take things one day at a time. I'm not thinking about 2014 because I can't predict even if I will be alive by then.....

On the legal action vs Jack Clark; "No comments on that. I will let my lawyers do it. I don't want to say something that might backfire against me in court,"

Like a lot of athletes, his answers are always too PC and robotic.

On the legal action vs Jack Clark; "No comments on that. I will let my lawyers do it. I don't want to say something that might backfire against me in court,"

If he doesn't have anything to hide and he didn't do PED's, there shouldn't be anything that he said on the subject that might backfire against him in court.  

Like a lot of athletes, his answers are always too PC and robotic.

If he doesn't have anything to hide and he didn't do PED's, there shouldn't be anything that he said on the subject that might backfire against him in court. 

I think Albert is taking the smart route on this. Lawyers jump on everything like message board GM's and nitpick every statement that they can use against a target. So why give them anything for a defense when it is up to them to defend Clark's statements?

This whole season we have been wondering if Pooh is even going to be able to stand on his feet next year and beyond.  Turns out that Pooh wonders if he will actually even be alive for next Spring Training.  This signing sucks.

In June of 2002 Cardinals pitcher Daryl Kyle died at the age of 33 of coronary atherosclerosis. In April of 2007 Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock at 29 died in a car accident. Both were teammates of Albert Pujols. That probably left a little reminder in his head to "... take things one day at a time."

You guys are working to hard to find something to dislike.

I think Albert is taking the smart route on this. Lawyers jump on everything like message board GM's and nitpick every statement that they can use against a target. So why give them anything for a defense when it is up to them to defend Clark's statements?

Lets leave me out of this, yeah?

My post was sarcastic if that clears anything up.

I thought your comment was fine. I thought it was a stupid comment by Albert. It was his way of getting out of answering the question. It's a given that we could die at anytime. I'm sure if his family, relatives, or friends ask him what his plans or goals are for the weekend, an upcoming holiday, next year or next season, he doesn't say "I'm just living day by day and I don't even know if I'll be alive this weekend, for an upcoming holiday, next year or next season".

I could see someone with cancer or a life threatening illness maybe saying that sometimes, but even they don't normally say that.  

In June of 2002 Cardinals pitcher Daryl Kyle died at the age of 33 of coronary atherosclerosis. In April of 2007 Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock at 29 died in a car accident. Both were teammates of Albert Pujols. That probably left a little reminder in his head to "... take things one day at a time."

You guys are working to hard to find something to dislike.

On Sunday, April 29, 2007, Hancock was killed in a motor vehicle accident when the 2007 Ford Explorer he was driving while intoxicated struck the rear of a flat bed tow truck at 12:35 a.m. Central Time. The truck was reportedly in the left lane assisting another vehicle that was involved in a prior accident.[2][3][4][5][6]

A police report revealed that Hancock was intoxicated at the time of his fatal accident with a blood-alcohol level of 0.157, nearly double the legal limit in Missouri. Police found 10.95 grams of marijuana and a pipe in his vehicle, although toxicology reports came back revealing that there were no drugs in his system. Hancock was texting on his cell phone when the accident occurred and was not wearing a seatbelt. An accident reconstruction team determined that Hancock was driving 68 mph (109 km/h) in a 55 mph (89 km/h) zone.[7]

On Sunday, April 29, 2007, Hancock was killed in a motor vehicle accident when the 2007 Ford Explorer he was driving while intoxicated struck the rear of a flat bed tow truck at 12:35 a.m. Central Time. The truck was reportedly in the left lane assisting another vehicle that was involved in a prior accident.[2][3][4][5][6]

A police report revealed that Hancock was intoxicated at the time of his fatal accident with a blood-alcohol level of 0.157, nearly double the legal limit in Missouri. Police found 10.95 grams of marijuana and a pipe in his vehicle, although toxicology reports came back revealing that there were no drugs in his system. Hancock was texting on his cell phone when the accident occurred and was not wearing a seatbelt. An accident reconstruction team determined that Hancock was driving 68 mph (109 km/h) in a 55 mph (89 km/h) zone.[7]

What does that have to do with anything?  Death is death, one day you're alive, one day you aren't. 

What I would like to hear from Albert:

"I know my play with the Angels hasn't been up to par with the rest of my career but I want the fans to know that I'm giving it my all and I plan to take the necessary steps to be as healthy as possible next season."

How hard is that to say? Instead he claims that he's not pressured because of what he did on a previous team in another league. That's fantastic.

I know players are interviewed many times and many of the things they say are just filler for media articles but throw us a friggin bone here. This season has been a colossal let down and Albert is huge reason for that. Maybe it would be a good idea to show the fans that he isn't sitting on a high horse while inferring that everyone should respect him for his past and not the present. It comes off as arrogant.