• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos Can't hit

All I'm saying is that he hasn't followed up his 2011 season yet. He's had one good year. Plenty of players have one good year then get figured out. Not trying to pick a fight. Just my opinion that Bourjos isn't a very good MLB hitter

No all you're doing is living up to your name and complaining.

He wasn't a good hitter last year either. He's either injured or not hitting well the last two seasons...When is he going to follow up his solid 2011 campaign?

Jesus.....the guy gets hit by a pitch which breaks his wrist. He goes on the DL for several weeks to recover. When he gets back he sucks????

Calm down......sheeeeesh!!!!

Trade him before he goes back to being the .220 hitter he was last year. Could get some good pitching prospects for him.

I was wondering how long before I started seeing these threads again!  I guess a broken wrist and two months out means you should come back and rake when activated!

Sample size. He's been injured the whole year. He needs to do it for 500+ at bats before I buy into that.

So you missed the 2011 season when he posted an OPS+ of 116 over 550 at bats?   Or maybe you've missed his career OPS+ of 101..   His 8.5 WAR in under 1000 at bats sure suck too.   Adam Jones, maybe the marquee CF in the AL not named Mike Trout has managed 7.4 WAR in over 1150 ABs the last two years.  Dude is a league average hitter who offers all world defense at a premium position.  But lets ignore that -- he sucks.

Need more 32 year olds that hit HRs...

So you missed the 2011 season when he posted an OPS+ of 116 over 550 at bats?   Or maybe you've missed his career OPS+ of 101..   His 8.5 WAR in under 1000 at bats sure suck too.   Adam Jones, maybe the marquee CF in the AL not named Mike Trout has managed 7.4 WAR in over 1150 ABs the last two years.  Dude is a league average hitter who offers all world defense at a premium position.  But lets ignore that -- he sucks.

Need more 32 year olds that previously hit HRs...

Fixed.

Bourjos and Trumbo both bring value to this team.    Calhoun is more and more looking like a very solid 4th OF, which Shuck also is ultimately. 

That makes trading either Bourjos or Trumbo a tough proposition.

That just leaves Kendrick, and for that to happen in the off-season we have to gamble that Lindsey is just about ready by ST.

Green is ultimately a 3B because there aren't many 6-3 2B in MLB. 

Maybe by then, we could trade Kendrick for say Zach Lee straight up?

I'd keep Vargas and re-sign him to a 3 year deal.   He's only 31 in 2014.

I'll take a moderate approach: Bourjos is not a "very good hitter," but he is a decent, maybe even a good one. My hope is that his true talent level is around .280/.750 which is good and, coupled with amazing defense, makes him a 5 WAR star. But even if he's a .260/.700 hitter, he's still a 3+ WAR player and has value as a center fielder. But I think he's better than that and should hit at .east .270 in a full season.

Hey, he could be all that, I guess.

Hard to do it on the DL, and that is where he has been. He has yet to prove to anyone that he can make the adjustments to have a solid sophomore season. I am interested to see how he hits. He better rip it.