• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo support

shellback

Get real boys. 40 HR potential hitters don't grow on trees. rag on trumbo as much as you want, but there are multiple weaker areas and players on this team that deserve critisim alot more than this guy.

from a business standpoint, he is still under team control for another year. and ball wise any mlb team can use guranteed 30 hr/yr.

at least he can see the difference between a rapido and a breaking pitch, unlike a certain other recent angel free agent slugger signing.

So now it is time to blame the poor season on Trumbo.  I guess blaming it on Puljos and Hamilton has already been exhausted so it is his turn.  Who's next? Yep, he is struggling horribly right now (as Hamilton has) but the poor season still comes down to the pitching not being there this year. Replacing 3 starting pitchers and rebuilding a bullpen is a huge task and gamble. Obviously it didn't work out.  Yeah, let's just get rid of our power production...that is the answer.

So now it is time to blame the poor season on Trumbo.  I guess blaming it on Puljos and Hamilton has already been exhausted so it is his turn.  Who's next? Yep, he is struggling horribly right now (as Hamilton has) but the poor season still comes down to the pitching not being there this year. Replacing 3 starting pitchers and rebuilding a bullpen is a huge task and gamble. Obviously it didn't work out.  Yeah, let's just get rid of our power production...that is the answer.

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

This season is a cluster %#£€. Trumbo is just one of many reasons.

However, while he does hit the ball as far as anyone, his massive slumps are about as bad as anyone.

I did go overboard in saying bye regarding him in one thread, but if he is going to truly be valuable going forward, these massive slumps can't be happening every season.

I don't think anyone isn't blaming Hamilton and Pujols, although Pujols' injury may be a factor in his lack of production this season. But I think the dead horse of Hamilton and Pujols has been beaten enough and there is nothing the Angels can do to fix that problem other than a) bench them b ) hope they improve. Trumbo may be able to be traded so that's why people discuss him.

What is this obsession with power production? Power production =/= production. A team full of Kenny Loftons hitting 10 HRs would score far more runs than a team full of Trumbos hitting 35. What matters is how many runs you create compared to how many outs you use. Trumbo isn't great at that and since he's not bringing much in any other facet of the game he deserves a lot of the blame. But blaming everyone for this season doesn't really matter. What matters is evaluating the team going forward and figuring out who will be productive in the future. Many of us feel Trumbo doesn't have the pitch recognition to be that guy over the course of a whole season. He's 28 now and probably won't improve much from here on out.

Let's look at Trumbo for what he is and isn't. He's a pretty good ball player who has one plus tool (power) and a bunch of mediocre ones. Sure, he's a nice player to have but he's not irreplaceable and he's not a star. On overall value I'd much rather keep Calhoun and Bourjos.

A lot of Trumbo's value is tied up in the notion that at some point he's going to figure things out and take his game up a notch and hit .280+ with 40 HR and a .900 OPS. While it could happen, it hasn't yet through three full years, which have been almost carbon copies of each other. It might be time to accept him for what he is and isn't, then we don't need to blame him for the team's woes because he's not a "leading cast member" like Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton, but a nice complementary player like Kendrick and Aybar.

Let's look at Trumbo for what he is and isn't. He's a pretty good ball player who has one plus tool (power) and a bunch of mediocre ones. Sure, he's a nice player to have but he's not irreplaceable and he's not a star. On overall value I'd much rather keep Calhoun and Bourjos.

A lot of Trumbo's value is tied up in the notion that at some point he's going to figure things out and take his game up a notch and hit .280+ with 40 HR and a .900 OPS. While it could happen, it hasn't yet through three full years, which have been almost carbon copies of each other. It might be time to accept him for what he is and isn't, then we don't need to blame him for the team's woes because he's not a "leading cast member" like Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton, but a nice complementary player like Kendrick and Aybar.

good post.

this guys arm gets overlooked alot jmo.

WTF are you even on about

I've supported Trumbo before, but his performance gets a bit tiresome. On the other hand, we may want him to be more than he's capable of being and what he is is still productive.

In a nutshell, I'll say trade him if you can get a good pitcher, but he shouldn't be placed on the "rack" just to be ridden of.

trumbo can play more positions than napoli, has a better arm and our manager doesn't hate him.

Napoli was just as capable of standing like a statue wherever he got rolled onto the field. A better arm is not worth a .065 difference in OPS especially when most of that is in OBP. As for the manager hating someone, that has nothing to do with how good a player is.

The guy turns 28 in a few months, how much potential does he really have left?  AJ pretty much nailed it in that he's a one-tool player that is only valuable because that one tool is very good.  He walks a little more every year, but his K rate increases along with it.  His arm is nice, but who cares if he has a plus arm really?  He's played a total of 27 games in the OF this year and has racked up a whopping 1 assist.  We don't need him in the outfield with our current logjam, so 80% of the time he's playing 1B/DH anyways.

All in all, I don't really care if he stays around or gets potentially packaged for pitching.  I feel like he's more valuable on another team honestly.  A nice player, but not a building block.  The future of the team is going to be guys like Trout, Bourjos, Calhoun, Lindsey, Conger, Green, etc.