• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hanson optioned to AAA

You and I remember the past differently.

Don't rub it in.  It was a huge mistake to trade Walden, which is why most here were not happy when the trade occured.

from what *I* remember the board's consensus on trade was, on paper, a fair trade between a risky relief pitcher and a risky starting pitcher. However, many on the board correctly felt that the Braves would likely *appear* to get the better end of the deal as Walden would improve due to the not-being-coached-by-Mike-Butcher effect.

WOW. This does not seem ALL performance based,,,,,,,,,,

He must have ticked off Scioscia.........

A guy like Hanson getting sent out to AAA with about two weeks plus to the Sept. 1 deadline when rosters expand.........

well, I guess they are punishing him by making him ineligible for the post-season roster!!!

from what *I* remember the board's consensus on trade was, on paper, a fair trade between a risky relief pitcher and a risky starting pitcher. However, many on the board correctly felt that the Braves would likely *appear* to get the better end of the deal as Walden would improve due to the not-being-coached-by-Mike-Butcher effect.

About right.  It was a pretty even trade at the time.  

http://angelswin.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=70781&start=1

the usual homers thought it was a great trade for the angels; most people realized what it is for what it was

a shaky reliever with a chance to be good, for a starter on the way out of baseball with a hairline chance to be good again

2009:  2.89 ERA

2010:  3.33 ERA

2011:  3.60 ERA

2012:  4.48 ERA

2013   5.59 ERA with Angels

anyone really surprised?

Good thing I'm not the one in charge of makin the decisions. I liked the deal at the time, though I did have concerns about Hanson long term. Didn't think he'd continue to suck this hard this year but he has.

The thing that makes it harder is Walden.

1.30, 1.24, 1.36 WHIP.  Then he goes and does a 1.06.  

It would have stung a bit less if Dipoto found a better RP alternative, instead he opted for a guy coming off TJ surgery and another guy coming off surgery for bone spurs.

I look at it a bit differently.  Madson was a pure risk reward signing.   Just didn't go our way.  

Burnett.  I think his loss was probably the biggest for our pen this year.  And Bone Spurs are a pretty common surgery with pitchers.  CJ also had the surgery this offseason, and I think Weaver had it a few seasons ago.  His numbers were rock solid coming into this season.  So let's hope this season was a blip and next season he comes back.  

Add to that Coello coming out of no where.  Then going down to injury.  

His problem is his delivery.

His slow ball cock makes it so easy to steal bases off of him and he also shows the ball too early to the hitters.

He needs to redo his delivery all together, since he can't depend on his mid 90s fastball any more.

I predict he will be out of the majors all together next year unless he can adjust.