• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Mike Scioscia picks every lineup

Ugh no Calhoun again really pisses me off... JFC play him consistently, Meaning every damn game. Enough with the lefty/righty match up bullshit which seems to only apply to younger players. Hamilton can't seem to hit either, so why the hell is he still in the lineup?

Good to see "Pass Ball" Iannetta back behind the plate too.

so after one 0-3 against a lefty, calhoun never gets a start vs a lefty ever again?  that's some brilliant managing right there, one strike ur out.

unbelievable.

In a previous thread someone asks how people can still defend Scioscia?  Well, one reason is that the criticism often get so ridiculous it discredits legitimate complaints.  Like this!  Not starting a rookie left hander against a lefty isn't that big of a deal.  You can disagree with his call that is fine.  But maybe, just maybe, Scioscia wants the rookie to keep confidence and thus not throw him against every lefty.  I don't know but it isn't that stupid to me!

in before someone justifies this by pointing out that Calhoun is only batting .200 against lefties in his 10 big league ABs against them.

Who really gives a F*** if Scioscia platoons him against lefties his first trip through the majors.  It really isn't that big of deal.  Don't worry, you will see Calhoun many times before this season is over!

Isn't Kendrys destroying from the right side of the plate this season when Scioscia absolutely refused to put him in the lineup against a lefty last season? Another example.

This is my favorite example.  Wedge has kept him in against lefties and he actually has a 50 point higher OPS from the right side than the left side.

It'd be understandable to sit Calhoun against LHP is the Angels had another guy that killed LHP.... and they weren't already out of the playoff race.  Neither of those things are applicable and Calhoun crushed LHP in AAA.  

Another mind boggling move by Scioscia.

It'd be understandable to sit Calhoun against LHP is the Angels had another guy that killed LHP.... and they weren't already out of the playoff race.  Neither of those things are applicable and Calhoun crushed LHP in AAA.  

Another mind boggling move by Scioscia.

This is a totally silly argument.  It makes perfect sense to me to sit Calhoun against lefties at this point in the season.  You build up his confidence by giving him the best chance to succeed this early in his career.  You also want to get a look at Cowgill.  Cowgill is not chopped liver, he's an above average defender (in 99 games he has yet to commit an error) who has good speed, and has a decent bat.  I don't know why you wouldn't want to see what he is capable of at the MLB level.  Calhoun will get AB's against lefties in due course.

Many of you complain that the club is not rebuilding, and isn't taking a good look at a variety of young players.  Then when they do that, you complain some more.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

Many complain about Scioscia being too predictable, then when he is not, you complain about that one as well.

Talk about Roid Rage, I think we have a heavy case of it among many of our posters. 

This is a totally silly argument.  It makes perfect sense to me to sit Calhoun against lefties at this point in the season.  You build up his confidence by giving him the best chance to succeed this early in his career.  You also want to get a look at Cowgill.  Cowgill is not chopped liver, he's an above average defender (in 99 games he has yet to commit an error) who has good speed, and has a decent bat.  I don't know why you wouldn't want to see what he is capable of at the MLB level.  Calhoun will get AB's against lefties in due course.

Many of you complain that the club is not rebuilding, and isn't taking a good look at a variety of young players.  Then when they do that, you complain some more.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

Except the best chance of him succeeding IS facing lefties.

Where are you getting that Cowgill has a decent bat?

He had barely above average statline in the minors and he has been way below average in half a season of at bats so far.

At best Cowgill is a fourth outfielder on a team filled with outfielders.

He is just taking valuable playing time from a player that has a much higher ceiling and needs more at bats in the majors.

We are talking a reserve outfielder spot here.  Unless Trout, Bourjos, or Hamilton is disposed of before next year, that will most likely be your starting lineup of outfielders.  Among Shuck, Cowgill, and Calhoun may be a trade candidate.  Or we could see Bourjos traded.  I think the organization wants to see what each of them is capable of, and act accordingly given the opportunities available.