• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where do you think you'll be when Albert hits #500?

yk9001

Hmmm maybe it just seems like it then. What's WPA?

"Win Probability Added (WPA) captures this difference by measuring how individual players affect their team’s win expectancy on a per-play basis."

It's still a flawed statistic in my mind but it does have some value. If you want to read more about it, go here: 

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/misc/wpa/

If he is sitting at 499 and they are at home I will be at the game no doubt about it. I missed Reggie's 500th, Sutton's 300th, I won't miss Albert's 500th. I did get to see Carew and Brett both get their 3000th live. For those of you who hate the guy because he hasn't performed anywhere near expectations, you can't let that stop you from seeing him get that milestone. This is what sets baseball apart from other sports. Personal milestones are applauded and celebrated.