• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Save Us Ballmer thread

Now that Intuit Dome is completed for next NBA season, Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and his $105 billion net worth needs a new challenge.

What better than overwhelming Moreno with an offer (up to $4 billion?) to purchase the Halos, and then begin a battle with the Guggenheims up the 5 freeway and eventually get a new stadium built with his own money?

One can dream.

Posted (edited)

You know what he named his new venture?  Halo Sports and Entertainment.  No joke:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shaneyoung/2024/03/07/clippers-owner-steve-ballmer-launches-halo-sports-and-entertainment/?sh=ff11f237d0f7

That said, there's no reason to think he'd be interested in the Angels.

EDIT: Side note: Ballmer was the major investor in the holding company that bought and still runs the last research firm I worked at.  He was very hands-off and aside from one video conference call that he was on not long after I joined, I don't recall him having any direct interaction with any of the senior level execs.  I think he was content to just let his money do the work and have the CEO of the holding company (Mark Penn, who some of you might be familiar with) deal with any issues.

Edited by jsnpritchett

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Now that Intuit Dome is completed for next NBA season, Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and his $105 billion net worth needs a new challenge.

What better than overwhelming Moreno with an offer (up to $4 billion?) to purchase the Halos, and then begin a battle with the Guggenheims up the 5 freeway and eventually get a new stadium built with his own money?

One can dream.

image.png.2fd7bcde91c68a1d07ed51c5e22a1f06.png

32 minutes ago, Tank said:

he already has the added experience of having a superstar player that's injured all the time (kawhi leonard ) so sure, why not.

Yeah but he signed him again. Clippers like Angels need to be in rebuild mode. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

he already has the added experience of having a superstar player that's injured all the time (kawhi leonard ) so sure, why not.

58 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Remind me, how many championships have the Clippers won?

Oof

I say we have some fun believing (more like fantasizing) that maybe Moreno and Ballmer made a deal when the team was for sale to delay the official sale of the Angels to Ballmer until Ballmer could finalize the launching of his HALO network.

Wouldn’t that be something?  A guy can dream, can’t he?

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I say we have some fun believing (more like fantasizing) that maybe Moreno and Ballmer made a deal when the team was for sale to delay the official sale of the Angels to Ballmer until Ballmer could finalize the launching of his HALO network.

Wouldn’t that be something?  A guy can dream, can’t he?

I know nothing about the HALO network, I’m assuming it’s named after the video game?

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I know nothing about the HALO network, I’m assuming it’s named after the video game?

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

More than likely since it's Microsoft's signature game. But then, there is that irony escaping you and being ultra literal.

Or, if either of you bothered to read the article at the link I posted above when I mentioned the Halo name, you'd see this:

"By consolidating his entertainment entities into one brand, Ballmer’s goal with Halo S&E is to create more collaboration and focus on a singular brand voice. It also ties directly into the Clippers’ mantra for the Intuit Dome’s design and perks, largely centered on efficiency.

With Halo being a nod to Los Angeles and the ‘City of Angels,’ it also doubles as a reference to Intuit Dome’s gigantic Halo Board that will revolutionize in-game entertainment and set the new standard for scoreboards at sporting events."

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Or, if either of you bothered to read the article at the link I posted above when I mentioned the Halo name, you'd see this:

"By consolidating his entertainment entities into one brand, Ballmer’s goal with Halo S&E is to create more collaboration and focus on a singular brand voice. It also ties directly into the Clippers’ mantra for the Intuit Dome’s design and perks, largely centered on efficiency.

With Halo being a nod to Los Angeles and the ‘City of Angels,’ it also doubles as a reference to Intuit Dome’s gigantic Halo Board that will revolutionize in-game entertainment and set the new standard for scoreboards at sporting events."

My bad. 

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Moreno got a woody imagining a gigantic Halo board that will revolutionize in game advertisement.