• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Throws the hammer down on Braun and others

I don't have a problem with MLB going after these guys, but I still can't get behind the way they seem to be going about it.

That report that Selig is willing to basically tear up the Joint Drug Agreement and suspend A-Rod anyway to "preserve the integrity of the game" is troubling.

I thought it was fair to ask for a lonk there.

I hope arod comes back and gets to 762 then retires. A tie for first between two of the best players of all time

a link to what? I wasn't making any claims of fact. but there have been a few articles over the last few days, and comments here on this board about those articles, claiming that the evidence MLB has on Arod is "far beyond" what they had on Braun - which was more than just a list with names and dollar values. Pritchett knows that. He was just being a prick.

Rodriguez's name surfaced in records kept by Bosch from 2009 to 2012, according to the Miami New Times in January, which was later obtained by Major League Baseball investigators. Rodriguez was paying Bosch $12,000 a month, according to the records published by the Miami New Times, and linked to 19 different drugs and supplements.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/yankees/2013/07/12/alex-rodriguez-meets-with-mlb-biogenesis-investigators/2513937/

LOL @ Arod being demonized. He's one of the highest profile players in a league full of high profile players - of course he's going to be getting much more attention in the press and by the league. There is reportedly a mound of evidence linking Arod to steroid use for many years (much more than with Braun even). He's being offered (again reportedly) a similar deal to Braun, avoid arbitration (essentially confessing guilt) and get a lessor sentence (it's their version of a plea deal). Make MLB go through the arbitration process and lose, the sentence will be much stiffer. You choose.

What I read, and it makes sense is that some at the MLB are worried about giving out a lifetime ban because they would look bad if it got overturned on appeal.  I think they have to stick to their guns though.  His arrogance has to really piss off MLB.

Baseball has more black-eyes than these two combined.

tumblr_mebr28Xiwl1qjmhf4o1_500.png

Some fans talk about PED's being a embarrassment to the game of baseball ... but the game keeps on growing. Some talk about a even playing field but it just doesn't happen in real life no matter what field you work in. If you're worried about the kids ... then try being a good parent.

Cheaters will always find a way to get a edge. You would probably have to cancel football/hockey all together if they tested like baseball does.

I think the punishments on PED's are more than adequate at the current time. I think they should loosen up a bit on the current list of banned substances.

btw Angelswin.com rocks!

Braun took a deal without even blinking when shown the evidence.

MLBPA are hanging these players out to dry.

Something tells me MLB have a whole lot more than a few documents on these guys.

LOL @ the "witch hunt" against ARod. This is ALL on ARod. He is the one that has been lying to MLB his entire career. It's not like Selig just chose to go after this guy for no reason.

@JonHeymanCBS: a-rod & about 9 others face bans soon. colon, melky, grandal likely wont face new bans. #PEDs #miami http://t.co/yn62JJvl9H

MLB is working with all the affected players and appears likely to suspend or have an agreement to suspend the other Biogenesis-linked players who have never previously been suspended for 50 games, though it's remotely possible one or two others could get more than 50. Word is, though, that three players on the Biogenesis dockets -- Athletics pitcher Bartolo Colon, Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera and Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal -- aren't expected to be punished further as they are apparently considered to have done their time with suspensions served for failed tests in 2012.

A-Rod is the headline-grabbing name, but the other players with 50-game bans looming are Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta, Mariners catcher Jesus Montero, Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli, Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera and minor leaguers Fernando Martinez, Fautino de los Santos, Cesar Puello and Norbeto Martin.

@JeffPassan: MLB threats to potentially double suspensions for players who did not take plea deals made them attractive option. Could come within 72 hrs.

@JeffPassan: If player lied to MLB during investigation, league will take on an extra penalty in double digits, similar to what happened to Ryan Braun.

@JeffPassan: Amid the deal-making, Alex Rodriguez continues to stand defiant, sources said. This has turned into a game of chicken between him and MLB.