• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First 30 games prospectus

Obviously we all expect improvement over last year (16-14) through 30 games, at the very least.  After a "no move is sometimes better than the wrong move" offseason and a wholesale coaching staff change, fans put their trust in Perry (successful Braves track record), and RW (Successful Ranger track record).

Now at 9-12 and with only 1 series win vs. Tier 6 Miami, the Halos will need to shake off a 3 game losing streak and

go (7-2) vs. Resurgent Cincy, Red Hot Tier 2 Baltimore, and vulnerable Minnesota

Areas needing improvement.  

• Infield defense
  • Starting pitching
  • Baserunning mental errors
  • Situational hitting.
  • Bottom half of the lineup production
  • Mental toughness to prevail in one run games.
  • Training staff
  • Young player development

As Anges fans, are we pressing the panic button now, or after the first 30?   Or do we have the luxury to wait until 60 games before we throw in the towel on the season and look instead for small glimmers of hope for future success?

Some of our tenured posters have already conceded the season, and find watching the games more enjoyable through the lens of a very low bar for the Halos.   Others are more hopeful, expecting a .500 season record and measurable progress toward a competitive 2026 season.

Personally I would like to get what we were promised by Perry and the new staff.

Edited by Swordsman78

I’d say they’re performing about how i’d expect at this point. Right around .500.

Personally im still huffing the hopium. I think there’s another gear in the roster we’ve yet to see.

Being around .500 with significant underperformances from guys we thought would contribute leaves the question of: how good can we be when they get into gear too?

Its early, we’re still in april.

We were also expecting the young guys (Neto etc) to take a big step forward in development.

So far it appears that several of the new core are regressing.   This is not at all what we planned on. 

Hoping this gets addressed in the next 30 games 

3 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

We were also expecting the young guys (Neto etc) to take a big step forward in development.

I was hoping for that, not expecting it. 

The one player from whom I truly expected a step forward was Sandoval. That has been a staggering disappointment. 

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I like how there’s just some sort of magic where a young players development simply gets “addressed” in the next 30 games. 

Maybe some of us have a little more sense of urgency.  But then again since no one is being held accountable by you this year, I can see your preference to "punt".

13 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Maybe some of us have a little more sense of urgency.  But then again since no one is being held accountable by you this year, I can see your preference to "punt".

“Held accountable”

I love layman catch phrases. 

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

“Held accountable”

I love layman catch phrases. 

I find it helpful to slip in 3-4 syllable adjectives now and then to help promote vocabulary growth while imparting baseball knowledge to some of our more challenged posters.

My concerns about the offense and lack of IF depth materialized, it's crazy how many times this team ignores an obvious issue.

I hope for Sano's continued resurgence in hopes of a deadline payoff regardless of whether or not they are playing well at the time.  If he's doing well and feeling charitable because the Angels helped him get back to MLB and he's willing to sign a team friendly extension for a couple years great...  but otherwise learn from the Ohtani situation and move him.. Soriano moving to SP is going well. For a team that has seen pitcher injuries destroy them, Soriano breaking down again and being returned may end up being a rare example of them benefiting from an injury.  

They are still shooting themselves in the foot far too often and have lost some winnable games, the offense is as big a problem as I worried it might be.  It's top-heavy and reliant on the health/production of Rendon and Trout.  Schanuel is doing better accepting his inner David Fletcher than he was trying to drive the ball.  Neto would probably benefit from a tour of AA, too bad they ignored the depth issue there.

Hopefully Canning is over his typical April awfulness, Sandoval needs to visit the wizard and be given a brain and the team as a whole find some semblance of consistency.  

Pros:

1. Detmers and Soriano, both have been had a nice little start to the season. Both showing front of the line potential. 

2. Anderson, he having nice little turn-around.

3. Trout, Ward, O'hoppe and Sano 

Con's

1. Sandoval and Canning, Kindly put they've both have been garbage. They need to be better

2. Middle innings Bullpen 

3. Neto, and Nolan 

7 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Pros:

1. Detmers and Soriano, both have been had a nice little start to the season. Both showing front of the line potential. 

2. Anderson, he having nice little turn-around.

3. Trout, Ward, O'hoppe and Sano 

Con's

1. Sandoval and Canning, Kindly put they've both have been garbage. They need to be better

2. Middle innings Bullpen 

3. Neto, and Nolan 

Con - Offense. That's the biggest problem right now.