• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron part 3?

34 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

He's just sitting there.

I'd rather sign Cron and cut Hicks. Let JA play more and Sano become regular DH. Cron is a better back-up option at 1B than what we have. 

No……fucking…….way.

nope.  No

18 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Sano leads all of baseball in average exit velocity 101.4 MPH.

We have Schanuel, Drury and Sano. We're good. 

I'm loving Sano and think he just just be the full-time DH. 

I'd prefer JA playing more in the OF, and Cron would be a better option than Hicks being a 5th OF.  

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm actually curious why Belt hasn't signed anywhere. He'd be useful. 

But...why hasn't anyone signed him? Perhaps there are injury concerns or something. Maybe he's asking too much for a 36 year old DH/1B type. 

Maybe he's the victim of sexual assault who was blackballed by MLB, too?

You haven’t made one argument for actually signing Cron or how he could help the team, all you have to say about him is that he’s not some other guy.  That should tell you he will do absolutely nothing to help this team

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

You haven’t made one argument for actually signing Cron or how he could help the team, all you have to say about him is that he’s not some other guy.  That should tell you he will do absolutely nothing to help this team

Nolan is our 1B who was playing college baseball last year. I'm excited about the kid, but he might be over his head. If Nolan has to go down, I'm not thrilled with Drury being our starting 1B. 

I get that Sano might be viewed as a viable option at 1B. 

However Cron was decent in 2021 and 2002, albeit with home games in Coors. Our office liked him enough to trade for him last year in our big playoff push. 

In terms of depth I think 1B, given where Nolan is at in his career, would be more wise than Hicks being a 5th OF and JA sitting on the bench. 

17 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

If Nolan has to go down, I'm not thrilled with Drury being our starting 1B. 

So you’d prefer a guy who produced negative WAR last year, has serious back problems, and wasn’t picked up by any team to a guy who is starting slow but was a 2.7 win player in 125 games last year?

34 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I'll always love people's affinity for bringing former Angels back to either play or coach

Joyner returning in 2000 made me really happy.  I was able to put his poster back on my wall.