• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Cron part 3?

1 hour ago, mmc said:

So you’d prefer a guy who produced negative WAR last year, has serious back problems, and wasn’t picked up by any team to a guy who is starting slow but was a 2.7 win player in 125 games last year?

The bigger point I'm making, which I feel you're ignoring, is we are unnecessarily deep in the OF resulting with JA on the bench, and not a lot of options at 1B if Nolan struggles. 

It's less about the players and more about the depth. Belt instead of Cron would be a fine option. 

Adell wouldnt be riding a bench if we could option him with out loosing him but thats not going to happen so mop up strike out get the game over duty is whats left for him. Until the Angels figure that they will not get anything for hicks at the trade deadline and they cut bait with him and do a 50/50 split with moniak/Adell or if there is a injury at some point in the outfield. I know people think it sucks but lets be honest up to this point Adell has had chances prior to this season and blew them all. It can be argured what was his fault and what was others but he has had chances now he has to wait.

8 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

The bigger point I'm making, which I feel you're ignoring, is we are unnecessarily deep in the OF resulting with JA on the bench, and not a lot of options at 1B if Nolan struggles. 

It's less about the players and more about the depth. Belt instead of Cron would be a fine option. 

I’m ignoring it because it has nothing to do with the decision to sign Cron or not.  The fact that your argument, just as it was when you were advocating for bringing back Moustakas in the offseason is that Cron isn’t some other guy is not a legitimate one.  Sano and Drury can replicate whatever production you’d expect from Cron in 2024.  Ditto for Leblanc in AAA.  To convince anyone that signing Cron would legitimately help the team you have to somehow make an argument that he’d genuinely be a better option than any of those guys.  The fact that you aren’t even attempting to do so shows you yourself don’t even believe it to be the case

40 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

The Angels have lots of depth at OF, so sign Cron?

How about just play Taylor Ward at first?

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I was a fan of both teams (and I still am).

I'm sorry, I was lying to avoid negative reactions from Taylor. 

The only other team I like is the Cubs and as a WGN'er we view you TBS'er as odd and rednecky. 

14 minutes ago, cals said:

I'm sorry, I was lying to avoid negative reactions from Taylor. 

The only other team I like is the Cubs and as a WGN'er we view you TBS'er as odd and rednecky. 

I mean, I'm from a place called Hog Mountain, and my dad is from the town that inspired Deliverance. You're not wrong.