• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/3/24 10am Pacific): Angels @ Marlins: Sandoval on the mound, Rengifo leading off, Adell in CF

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I wonder about the neighborhood play at second. There was no chance the fielder even touched anything close to the bag with the runner coming in hot, on the Drury grounder. Didn't look like an out to me.

Are they still giving the neighborhood play in that circumstance or no?

Typically, no. I've seen several challenges when the opposing team doesn't think they touched second, and the calls have been overturned.

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I wonder about the neighborhood play at second. There was no chance the fielder even touched anything close to the bag with the runner coming in hot, on the Drury grounder. Didn't look like an out to me.

Are they still giving the neighborhood play in that circumstance or no?

I just watched the replay, not sure what you saw. His foot was clearly on the 2nd base, before the shortstop even threw him the ball.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

I just watched the replay, not sure what you saw. His foot was clearly on the 2nd base, before the shortstop even threw him the ball.

I freeze-framed it and it looked like his feet were wide straddling the base when he got the ball from the shortstop, but maybe he touched briefly before throwing. 

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I freeze-framed it and it looked like his feet were wide straddling the base when he got the ball from the shortstop, but maybe he touched briefly before throwing. 

Not to harp, but this is what I see.

Clearly on the bag when he caught the ball.

20240403_103354.jpg

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Not to harp, but this is what I see.

Clearly on the bag when he caught the ball.

20240403_103354.jpg

Ya ok, I had the replay image frozen a second later as Ward slid, and his feet were wide, so I get it. Still wondered if they were doing that.