• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/3/24 10am Pacific): Angels @ Marlins: Sandoval on the mound, Rengifo leading off, Adell in CF

1 minute ago, bruin5 said:

I thought Drury made a base running mistake on Sano’s hit off the center field wall. In the replays, he’s halfway to second when the ball hits. With that deep of a centerfield, he should have been pretty much on second base and scored. 

The center fielder almost caught the ball at the wall. He played that perfectly to get to third without getting caught in a double play or thrown out at the plate. You can't assume the center fielder is going to smash his brains in against the wall to take the extra 90 feet.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The center fielder almost caught the ball at the wall. He played that perfectly to get to third without getting caught in a double play or thrown out at the plate. You can't assume the center fielder is going to smash his brains in against the wall to take the extra 90 feet.

The CF was tracking back quickly. I thought it was actually going to be a HR the way he played it. Assuming he makes the catch, even if it’s just short of the wall, I don’t see how he Drury doesn’t make it easily back to first.

Only going halfway is very conservative given the ballpark dimensions.  

10 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

The CF was tracking back quickly. I thought it was actually going to be a HR the way he played it. Assuming he makes the catch, even if it’s just short of the wall, I don’t see how he Drury doesn’t make it easily back to first.

Only going halfway is very conservative given the ballpark dimensions.  

I don't see how you play that more aggressive. If Chisholm plays it off the wall Drury is only getting to third, he doesn't have Trout speed. If Chisholm catches it and Drury is half way to 3rd he will be out on a double play. Only counting on Chisholm to misplaying the ball and injure himself gets Drury home from 1st.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I don't see how you play that more aggressive. If Chisholm plays it off the wall Drury is only getting to third, he doesn't have Trout speed. If Chisholm catches it and Drury is half way to 3rd he will be out on a double play. Only counting on Chisholm to misplaying the ball and injure himself gets Drury home from 3rd.

Agreed, Jazz frankly should have caught it too.