• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Advice: How to fix my sleep schedule

I am wondering if anyone here knows how to fix a chaotic, inconsistent sleep schedule. I work from home right now so it's easy for me to pull all-nighters for no reason and throw things off. Sometimes I will adjust to a normal schedule, and suddenly my routine has a wrench thrown into it and now my sleep schedule gets dinged again. It has been like this since college for me. I use a fitbit to track my sleep, and aid in my weight loss journey so I'm aware of when I'm sleeping, and how many hours I am getting. I would just like to be able to sleep at normal hours for once. And maintain said schedule. 

• angelsfan100 changed the title to Advice: How to fix my sleep schedule
2 hours ago, angelsfan100 said:

I am wondering if anyone here knows how to fix a chaotic, inconsistent sleep schedule. I work from home right now so it's easy for me to pull all-nighters for no reason and throw things off. Sometimes I will adjust to a normal schedule, and suddenly my routine has a wrench thrown into it and now my sleep schedule gets dinged again. It has been like this since college for me. I use a fitbit to track my sleep, and aid in my weight loss journey so I'm aware of when I'm sleeping, and how many hours I am getting. I would just like to be able to sleep at normal hours for once. And maintain said schedule. 

I go to the gym every night at 8p. Lift and do sauna.  When I get home at 10-11, I can sleep.  It’s a nice routine. 

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

going to an office usually comes with set hours, you knucklehead. having set hours establishes a routine, something he seems to be missing. 

Yeah that was good advice. Like you said it comes with set hours, which is helpful when trying to keep a routine. 

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

going to an office usually comes with set hours, you knucklehead. having set hours establishes a routine, something he seems to be missing. 

If his job is already remote, even if his company has an office he wouldn't be expected to be there 8-5 or whatever.

I suppose it could help him he disciplined if he expected himself to be there for set hours. 

4 hours ago, angelsfan100 said:

Melatonin works pretty well. 

As a guy who had 33 years of horrible broken sleep patterns, what Arch Stanton said is about all you can do.

Try and get into a routine when you can, but all I can really say is get sleep when you can.  Sleep is very important to your body.  It helps with appetite, your mental health, and mostly your physical health.

But don’t try and catch up on missed sleep all in one day.  Dont sleep more than 9 hours.  If you have to take a nap, do it, but don’t binge sleep.  That’s detrimental to your body and mind and will have the opposite effect of what you are trying to accomplish.

Ever since bladder cancer surgery my sleep patterns are always interrupted at the 4 hour mark. I am permanently on a 4 hour clock, 24/7 so there's never a complete rest period.

Some nights I just stay awake for a couple hours doing work or gaming and then resume my final last part of the sleep schedule. This can sometimes only be a 5-6 hour total rest period depending on my schedule the next day. 

Option B was not have the surgery and enter that permanent rest period about 7 years ago. I think I made the right choice. 

On 2/28/2024 at 2:48 PM, angelsfan100 said:

I will echo what others have said. It starts by waking up at the same time everyday.  I wake up at 5am, by 6am I am active, usually taking a 45 minute walk. I have heard that being outside for 20 minutes in the early morning when the sun comes up helps with your circadian rhythm. Then I head to work.  I try to stop watching TV by 8:30 and read or hit AW for an hour or until I am tired.  I am asleep before 10pm virtually every night.  Starting this year I have been focusing on my health and part of that is getting 7 hours of sleep each night.  I take supplements in the morning and in the evening before bed.  I take a magnesium glycinate with vitamin D3 5-HTP which helps with sleep.