• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon hoping to avoid more injuries in his ‘job’

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm only commenting on what he said, which is that that baseball isn't a top priority. No speculation needed, unless you think he's lying.

He said baseball IS a priority.  Everyone is getting hung up on him saying baseball isn’t a “top priority.”  But then he clearly says the things he considers higher priorities (what do count as his “top” priorities) are his family and his faith.

He could have handled all this better to appease fans thirsty to hate him, but what he ACTUALLY said is pretty hard to criticize.

At the very least, just not a guy that you root for, or even like.

Perhaps he should of carved out a career selling used cars or an electrician.

He could then attend daily OSHA safety meetings on how to be safe and dredge off to work everyday...I'm sure his family will see more of him in this life path.

Dude is an idiot!

8 hours ago, TroutField said:

Crying that you feel like you HAVE to be at your job and don’t WANT to be there when they are paying you $35 million this year to be there. 

yes haha. 

He never cried. You don’t like him so you view him as complaining. It’s childish on your part. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

He never cried. You don’t like him so you view him as complaining. It’s childish on your part. 

I don’t like or dislike him. He makes a fool of himself and I think it’s funny. 

it’s childish for you to argue on a message board with everyone that doesn’t agree with you, it’s almost like there are multiple opinions and yours isn’t always right hahaha 

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

I don’t like or dislike him. He makes a fool of himself and I think it’s funny. 

it’s childish for you to argue on a message board with everyone that doesn’t agree with you, it’s almost like there are multiple opinions and yours isn’t always right hahaha 

It’s almost like that. Sorry I make you cry. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s almost like that. Sorry I make you cry. 

Made me cry? You realize we are talking about baseball? Lol not to mention you’re defending a multi millionaire that doesn’t even know you exist. Who is the one crying? 

weird comment hahahah whatever helps you sleep at night, strad. 

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Made me cry? You realize we are talking about baseball? Lol not to mention you’re defending a multi millionaire that doesn’t even know you exist. Who is the one crying? 

weird comment hahahah whatever helps you sleep at night, strad. 

Oh so when Anthony says baseball isn’t his top priority he is crying, but when you are literally bitching about him you aren’t crying.  Got it.  Also I am defending common sense not a multi millionaire, not that what he makes changes any of this.  

52 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Strange thing for me is Rendon referencing his faith. The New Testament multiple times teaches Christians to work for their employer as they would unto Christ. 

Cool, and because of his injuries, that he sustained being employed, it has prevented him from doing his job.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Cool, and because of his injuries, that he sustained being employed, it has prevented him from doing his job.  

Rendon articulated how his faith is his top priority, not his job.

I'm pointing out that is a false lens to view the world. 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh so when Anthony says baseball isn’t his top priority he is crying, but when you are literally bitching about him you aren’t crying.  Got it.  Also I am defending common sense not a multi millionaire, not that what he makes changes any of this.  

Literally bitching? What are you talking about? If we didn’t have discussion about baseball on a baseball discussion forum this website wouldn’t even exist, strad. 

Notice how you and like 2 other people are the only ones defending Anthony, notice how you argue in almost every single thread with just about every poster? 

you can’t handle differing opinions without personal attacks and it’s kinda sad 

11 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

That is interesting. I have been working under the assumption that he is not a locker room cancer and that simply, the majority of the fans are frustrated with him. I would be curious to know how his current teammates feel about him. It doesn't bother me that he doesn't love baseball as long as 1. he is doing everything he can to be on the field and 2. he isn't a distraction to his teammates - particularly the young guys. 

8 minutes ago, Halo in Chicago said:

That is interesting. I have been working under the assumption that he is not a locker room cancer and that simply, the majority of the fans are frustrated with him. I would be curious to know how his current teammates feel about him. It doesn't bother me that he doesn't love baseball as long as 1. he is doing everything he can to be on the field and 2. he isn't a distraction to his teammates - particularly the young guys. 

Papelbon tweeted something similar a month ago: 

One of the things I love most about AW.com is how people here have the inside knowledge and a first hand view of a player and his work ethic. How else would we know someone like Rendon who has never showed up in camp looking out of shape is actually spending the winter eating bonbons and pulling lint from his belly button. Imagine if he actually worked out or put any effort in, he might be capable of being hit on the wrist or batting balls off himself without getting injured.  He'd be the Angels version of Ripken, like Trout has been.