• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon hoping to avoid more injuries in his ‘job’

2 hours ago, TroutField said:

Literally bitching? What are you talking about? If we didn’t have discussion about baseball on a baseball discussion forum this website wouldn’t even exist, strad. 

Notice how you and like 2 other people are the only ones defending Anthony, notice how you argue in almost every single thread with just about every poster? 

you can’t handle differing opinions without personal attacks and it’s kinda sad 

Haha. My bad. 

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

One of the things I love most about AW.com is how people here have the inside knowledge and a first hand view of a player and his work ethic. How else would we know someone like Rendon who has never showed up in camp looking out of shape is actually spending the winter eating bonbons and pulling lint from his belly button. Imagine if he actually worked out or put any effort in, he might be capable of being hit on the wrist or batting balls off himself without getting injured.  He'd be the Angels version of Ripken, like Trout has been. 

Careful. You are defending a multi millionaire, that doesn’t know you exist who cries about doing his job.  Also stop personally attacking people, meanie. 

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

One of the things I love most about AW.com is how people here have the inside knowledge and a first hand view of a player and his work ethic. How else would we know someone like Rendon who has never showed up in camp looking out of shape is actually spending the winter eating bonbons and pulling lint from his belly button. Imagine if he actually worked out or put any effort in, he might be capable of being hit on the wrist or batting balls off himself without getting injured.  He'd be the Angels version of Ripken, like Trout has been. 

Maybe Randy is one of those lucky SOBs who can eat french fries and ice cream all day and still be fit.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Maybe Randy is one of those lucky SOBs who can eat french fries and ice cream all day and still be fit.

Of course thats the case.  He doesn't have to try at baseball or working out.  He's just super lucky and doesn't appreciate what a special unicorn he is. If only he "cared" a little, he'd learn how to rattle off canned answers and empty platitudes, then maybe the narrative would be -- yeah, he's been hurt but at least he's trying. 

You know what's great about shitty players that have to get by on effort and say all the right things?  They can be had for cheap and people don't seem to mind as much when they prove to be shitty players.  So, that's on Rendon too.

All I care about is that he show up and prove that he's worked to get his legs back under him.  If he hasn't or he's trying to fist everything again he's cooked IMO.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Of course thats the case.  He doesn't have to try at baseball or working out.  He's just super lucky and doesn't appreciate what a special unicorn he is. If only he "cared" a little, he'd learn how to rattle off canned answers and empty platitudes, then maybe the narrative would be -- yeah, he's been hurt but at least he's trying. 

You know what's great about shitty players that have to get by on effort and say all the right things?  They can be had for cheap and people don't seem to mind as much when they prove to be shitty players.  So, that's on Rendon too.

All I care about is that he show up and prove that he's worked to get his legs back under him.  If he hasn't or he's trying to fist everything again he's cooked IMO.

That was one of the main reasons Ron Washington went to Houston to visit Rendon after he was brought on to manage. He wanted to be sure Rendon was committed to getting his body right for the season. I imagine he wouldn’t have done that if these perceptions of Rendon weren’t widely held. As I recall, Rendon disagreed with the team’s assessment of his injury and treatment last season as well.

5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

That was one of the main reasons Ron Washington went to Houston to visit Rendon after he was brought on to manage. He wanted to be sure Rendon was committed to getting his body right for the season.  I imagine he wouldn’t have done that if these perceptions of Rendon weren’t widely held

Other than Washington having said that or it being reported then you are basically assuming things because of what you believe - it's fine if that's what you think, I have opinions on Angels things I can't prove too. But do you think if that were the case everyone's favorite reporter wouldn't have mentioned it? Also, is there also some widely held belief that Trout is also lazy because this article states he met with Trout also.  https://www.mlb.com/news/ron-washington-on-expectations-for-2024-angels

Washington met with both players in the offseason. He didn’t make demands; he asked both what the team has been lacking the past few years. According to Washington, Trout and Rendon said they wanted better structure on the team.

It's interesting to me the stories people cling to and the ones they let slide. One of the clowns masquerading as a SI.com reporter quoted Washington defending Rendon's work ethic then instantly followed it up with something along the lines of "while what Washington said may be true he can't be happy with what he said"...FFS, why even quote the man then. 

FWIW, from what I've been told Washington stopped by and visited Rendon while on his way to AZ to see the kids in the system there.  Katy TX is 6 hours away from N.O. Where Wash lives.

5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

As I recall, Rendon disagreed with the team’s assessment of his injury and treatment last season as well.

Wasn't the issue that Rendon believed the injury was worse than it was initially believed?  Did this NOT happen?

The injury was ultimately determined to be a fracture after having been called a contusion.  Whether or not Mr Glass made the injury worse I have no idea, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.  But it was reported he resumed taking part in baseball activities early in Sept and then a couple weeks later he was shut down.  How much that had to do with the Angels lost season or a lack of progress I have no idea but the official comment from Nevin was that he had not progressed enough.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

These are telling and revealing examples you "pulled out of your hat"... 😇

51 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Other than Washington having said that or it being reported then you are basically assuming things because of what you believe - it's fine if that's what you think, I have opinions on Angels things I can't prove too. But do you think if that were the case everyone's favorite reporter wouldn't have mentioned it? Also, is there also some widely held belief that Trout is also lazy because this article states he met with Trout also.  https://www.mlb.com/news/ron-washington-on-expectations-for-2024-angels

Washington met with both players in the offseason. He didn’t make demands; he asked both what the team has been lacking the past few years. According to Washington, Trout and Rendon said they wanted better structure on the team.

It's interesting to me the stories people cling to and the ones they let slide. One of the clowns masquerading as a SI.com reporter quoted Washington defending Rendon's work ethic then instantly followed it up with something along the lines of "while what Washington said may be true he can't be happy with what he said"...FFS, we even quote the man then. 

FWIW, from what I've been told Washington stopped by and visited Rendon while on his way to AZ to see the kids in the system there.  Katy TX is 6 hours away from N.O. Where Wash lives.

Wasn't the issue that Rendon believed the injury was worse than it was initially believed?  Did this NOT happen?

The injury was ultimately determined to be a fracture after having been called a contusion.  Whether or not Mr Glass made the injury worse I have no idea, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.  But it was reported he resumed to take part in baseball activities early in Sept and then a couple weeks later he was shut down.  How much that had to do with the Angels lost season or a lack of progress I have no idea but the official comment from Nevin was that he had not progressed enough.

IP, come on man. Facts don't matter.  The narrative is everything.