• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 All-Star Selection Show Thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back when the Angels had good pitching. Weaver/Santana/Saunders/Lackey/Fuentes? all made the all star roster (recent history).

3 O's starters is a bit much. I voted for Torii - he ended up in the top 5 I think so not surprising he is in the reserves. Appears the NL has more lefty starters.

Some weird decisions. Perez and Hunter were random choices.

Glad Perez made it. He's the type of player that usually gets snubbed. He's arguably the 2nd best catcher for the first half of the season (in the AL).

Hunter has the 2nd highest BA among AL OFers. When you account for Bautista, Trout, Gordon, Cruz and Jones, there really isn't one else that sticks out.

I guess Perez makes sense since the AL catching crop is weak this year.

Torii making it over Longo and Donaldson is pretty awful though. Longoria is an MVP candidate at this point in the year.

Longo and Donaldson are 3B's and you need to have at least 3 OF reserves. Therefore Torii wasn't selected over them. Zpbrist and Machado took Longo's and Donaldson's spots.