• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Better Owner-fan experience?

Reading an article on Cohen’s quotes about the Mets losing out on Yamamoto, and I wish we had more of that connectivity with the owner as fans. 

I don’t know that I need a Steve Ballmer, wear every emotion on your sleeve, type. I just would like to know Arte cared as much as the fans. (Disclaimer: I know Arte cares; it’d be nice to have an owner that represents himself like a fan).  

Cohen’s transparency is admirable  

"I think the whole organization tried our hardest, and someone was going to win and someone was going to lose and that is the way it goes," Cohen told the New York Post on Friday. "I feel good about our efforts and I left it all on the field. Life goes on."

I’m missing this type of statement. 

"Last I looked, there's never one player that is going to make or break your team," Cohen said of Yamamoto. "We'll build it. It will happen. Slowly and surely you will see changes and improvements. We have got the right management in place with a shared vision."

We get nothing like this at all from Arte.  And I don’t know that we ever got it from Disney or Autry.  Maybe a little bit of marketing speak from Disney.  

As I recall, as a much younger fan, Gene, and then Jackie, seemed to be more “fan-like.”

I won’t speak for anyone else’s experience in the 70s or 80s but I resonated with the “win one for Gene” mentality.  

He could be vocal and still not meddle in the business. This used to be Magic’s role with the dodgers before Boehly became more of a figure. He still doesn’t do much talking. 

for me, it would be reassuring that Arte is rowing the boat the same direction as fans. He doesn’t have to have a winning product for his investment to grow.  I just want to know whether I should be invested if he isn’t. 

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

He could be vocal and still not meddle in the business. This used to be Magic’s role with the dodgers before Boehly became more of a figure. He still doesn’t do much talking. 

for me, it would be reassuring that Arte is rowing the boat the same direction as fans. He doesn’t have to have a winning product for his investment to grow.  I just want to know whether I should be invested if he isn’t. 

He’s shown with his actions over the past 10 years that he clearly doesn’t have the same goal for the franchise as we do, if there’s anything he could say that would somehow make you believe that when his actions have been telling you a consistent story for a decade now, you’re exposing yourself as being rather gullible.  Arte doesn’t need to do anything but let baseball ops do their job and sign the checks

12 minutes ago, TheLordofOuts said:

The least that Arte can do is allow a vendor who sells edibles and mushrooms at the stadium. That will give a new meaning to Fan Experience 

Damn brother, why give Arte $35 for one 10 MG gummy.  Just bring your own shit in.  Those geriatrics don’t know the difference.  lol. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 12/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, TheLordofOuts said:

The least that Arte can do is allow a vendor who sells edibles and mushrooms at the stadium. That will give a new meaning to Fan Experience 

I think this would be fun. But why pay inflated prices.  They should just open a dispensary next to the breweries.