• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Forget About Yamamoto

SoCalDucksFan

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Do you ever make a post that isn't full of self-loathing?  Why follow the team at all if everything makes you so miserable?

Is there something about this team not to feel miserable about?

You do realize that fans of New York & Chicago teams will spend day and night complaining and acting miserable about teams they support, when those teams are sucking it up.

Perhaps if you visited the Anaheim Ducks board, you can tell all the fans who have been following the Ducks for 20-30 years, and are now bitter and miserable about how things are going, that they should also stop following their team.

The Angels have a pathetic owner, haven't come close to making the playoffs as a wild card team for 9 straight seasons, and just lost a generational player to a team that everyone here apparently hates more than any other team in the league, and you're asking why following them makes me miserable?

When the Angels have a decent owner, and demonstrate that they're capable of winning and making the playoffs, and I'm still complaining, feel free to criticize me all you want.  Fact is, if they ever got their act together, which under current ownership seems highly unlikely, I'll be more than happy to convey an optimistic tone.  Right now, I'm sorry, but I can't sit here and say what an amazing ship the Titanic is, and how happy I am to be on it's maiden voyage, while it's taking on water.

MLB Rumors: Dodgers' Shohei Ohtani, Mookie Betts, Freeman Helped Recruit Yamamoto

The Los Angeles Dodgers didn't waste any time utilizing Shohei Ohtani as a pitchman for the organization.

The Athletic's Fabian Ardaya and Ken Rosenthalreported Ohtani, Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman all took part in the team's presentation to Japanese ace Yoshinobu Yamamoto.

""The pitch to Yamamoto was, on its face, straightforward," per Ardaya and Rosenthal. "As the free agent entered the ballpark, video displays depicting his name and likeness in a Dodgers uniform flashed on the scoreboard. Yamamoto is one of the most sought-after talents in the sport, with the Mets, Yankees, Giants, Blue Jays, Red Sox and others all vying for his services."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10101026-mlb-rumors-dodgers-shohei-ohtani-mookie-betts-freeman-helped-recruit-yamamoto

Just now, DCAngelsFan said:

So, just to be clear, he's not meeting with the Angels?

Did we ask him and his agent laughed at us? 

Or are we just so beat-down we didn't even bother calling?

Think they offered a 3 year 1.8-billion-dollar contract. All deferred of course with a cancellation clause with no money paid if he doesnt win 3 straight cy youngs. Still waiting to hear back.