• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Adam Cimber (1 year, $1.65 million)

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Adam Cimber (1 year, $1.65 million)
2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Cimber had a pretty good run up until last year.  He missed a lot of '23 with a shoulder impingement.  For the amount of his contract, it's worth a shot to see if he can recover.

They need to sign four more like this one and let them wash themselves out during ST/early in season.  To quote @Blarg RPs are flakes.

I know these aren't earth-shaking, but I'm glad Minasian has brought in three relievers already. I firmly believed we needed almost an entire bullpen this winter, and while Kolarek, Garcia, and Cimber are far from guaranteeing we'll have a good bullpen in '24, it's cheap veteran arms with varying levels of positive indicators and/or track records that we need to round out the overall depth. 

Closer: Estevez
Optionable Set-up: Soriano/Joyce
Set-up: Garcia
Optionable depth: Herget/Wantz
LHP: Kolarek
Mid-Relief: Cimber
Long Relief: Suarez

Those 'roles' don't mean much, and obviously if Soriano and Joyce (and even Bachman or Silseth) are clicking all the young guns could push guys out, but I thought it was important we brought in as many arms as possible to push Herget and Wantz into AAA depth, and count on the high-octane young guns to occupy only one, maybe two, spots at most to open the year, purely to maintain good pen depth.

Seeing them add another vet reliever to push one of the Wantz/Herget and/or Soriano/Joyce slots either to AAA or further down the hierarchy would be a good move still. 

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

They need to sign four more like this one and let them wash themselves out during ST/early in season.  To quote @Blarg RPs are flakes.

Yep.  I'm all for the bulk approach.

Curious to see who gets booted off the 40-man when Garcia and Cimber's deals are officially announced.  Someone needs to go.  Cabbage, maybe?

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep.  I'm all for the bulk approach.

Curious to see who gets booted off the 40-man when Garcia and Cimber's deals are officially announced.  Someone needs to go.  Cabbage, maybe?

Cabbage had interest from Asian teams, makes sense. Probably don't need all of Stefanic, Soto, and Paris. Wouldn't be bummed if Ingram or Rosenberg got the boot.

Real hard seeing Matt Thaiss having a spot still come ST, though I understand the need to hold him close. 

9 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Hicks and/or Moore and the bullpen additions should be complete. I do expect some of the cost controlled depth to be traded (or cut), particularly Herget or Wantz or Suarez.

I know it’s kinda counter-intuitive, but I still think they should trade Estevez and see if they can recoup a guy or two they lost at deadline, then just sign another Estevez-type non-closer RP to the exact same deal to replace him. 

Just now, totdprods said:

I know it’s kinda counter-intuitive, but I still think they should trade Estevez and see if they can recoup a guy or two they lost at deadline, then just sign another Estevez-type non-closer RP to the exact same deal to replace him. 

Yes.

40 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Cabbage had interest from Asian teams, makes sense. Probably don't need all of Stefanic, Soto, and Paris. Wouldn't be bummed if Ingram or Rosenberg got the boot.

Real hard seeing Matt Thaiss having a spot still come ST, though I understand the need to hold him close. 

Marte has no business being on the 40 man roster.

I know this was tried by I think Eppler one winter, but I like Cimber because it’s a different look coming out of the pen. Having a mix of arms in release point and angle and velocity seems like a good recipe to start with. 

This is fine. It’s cheap. Still need one more legit relief arm at a minimum IMO.

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I know this was tried by I think Eppler one winter, but I like Cimber because it’s a different look coming out of the pen. Having a mix of arms in release point and angle and velocity seems like a good recipe to start with. 

This is fine. It’s cheap. Still need one more legit relief arm at a minimum IMO.

Probably replaces Herget?

Side arm delivery 

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Warren makes the most sense IMO, since he’s gonna miss the first half of 2024.

Ingram, Rosenberg, Soto, Fletcher, Cabbage are on the fringes of the 40-man.