• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

56 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Kim could be a real difference maker, we would unload Anderson and give that spot to Silseth (who I like better) and that gives DH to Drury, Rendon, etc.

I think Bieber is more of a risk on a one year deal than Kim, who could be extended with the Angels as well. 

Kim is already acclimated to SoCal.

Desperately need his hitting, speed, and defense up the middle.

Obviously Bieber grew up here, but what would it take to get him, plus there is a little health concern (missing half of 2021 and a third of 2023).

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Kim could be a real difference maker, we would unload Anderson and give that spot to Silseth (who I like better) and that gives DH to Drury, Rendon, etc.

I think Bieber is more of a risk on a one year deal than Kim, who could be extended with the Angels as well. 

As of now if Anderson gone Silseth number 4 who becomes the 5th starter. How much of Anderson money would you eat? 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kim is already acclimated to SoCal.

Desperately need his hitting, speed, and defense up the middle.

Obviously Bieber grew up here, but what would it take to get him, plus there is a little health concern (missing half of 2021 and a third of 2023).

I mean, the Angels line up pretty well with both Cleveland and San Diego. There's a lot of different scenarios that could make sense. Moniak and Ward have value to both teams. Rengifo definitely to Cleveland, and I bet San Diego could use him too. 
The Angels could use Ha-Seong Kim and they could use Bieber. There would obviously be more pieces involved, but, a Rengifo-centric deal could probably get you into position for Bieber, and the Angels could probably turn around and use a Moniak/Ward+SP (they lost a ton of pitching this winter) offer to get into the mix for Kim...who would basically replace Rengifo. At that point, they could either sign Snell or Montgomery to replace any SP dealt, or they could sign anyone from Bellinger to Duvall to replace the OF depth moved. Angels can eat salary, and both teams are trying to scrimp.

And of course, they could skip those trades and just sign those players, but that hasn't happened yet. 

Rengifo+(Ward?) for Bieber. 
Moniak/Ward+SP for Kim (who replaces Rengifo). 
Sign Snell/Montgomery if a MLB SP is moved for Kim, or an OF to replace Moniak/Ward. 

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I mean, the Angels line up pretty well with both Cleveland and San Diego. There's a lot of different scenarios that could make sense. Moniak and Ward have value to both teams. Rengifo definitely to Cleveland, and I bet San Diego could use him too. 
The Angels could use Ha-Seong Kim and they could use Bieber. There would obviously be more pieces involved, but, a Rengifo-centric deal could probably get you into position for Bieber, and the Angels could probably turn around and use a Moniak/Ward+SP (they lost a ton of pitching this winter) offer to get into the mix for Kim...who would basically replace Rengifo. At that point, they could either sign Snell or Montgomery to replace any SP dealt, or they could sign anyone from Bellinger to Duvall to replace the OF depth moved. Angels can eat salary, and both teams are trying to scrimp.

And of course, they could skip those trades and just sign those players, but that hasn't happened yet. 

Rengifo+(Ward?) for Bieber. 
Moniak/Ward+SP for Kim (who replaces Rengifo). 
Sign Snell/Montgomery if a MLB SP is moved for Kim, or an OF to replace Moniak/Ward. 

Bieber isn’t worth Rengifo and Ward. 

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

That would also necessitate bringing in another SP.

Bieber is more of a risk, but he fills a bigger position of need.

22 minutes ago, BTH said:

That would also necessitate bringing in another SP.

Bieber is more of a risk, but he fills a bigger position of need.

Fair. How about both? 🙂  Or sign Lorenzen to fill Anderson's spot.

I somehow was imagining we had 6 starters. Maybe I was thinking of Davis Daniel, but I don't think he's ready to be given a spot. 

Just now, Chuck said:

Fair. How about both? 🙂 

I somehow was imagining we had 6 starters. Maybe I was thinking of Davis Daniel, but I don't think he's ready to be given a spot. 

I think he might be close. Which makes him a great guy to have on the depth chart. I think he'd be right behind Silseth in that regard. 

Really hoping Minasian keeps building around the perimeter of the roster with smaller deals, and minor league signings with upside. Don't spend on any flawed and expensive free agents. Have the guts to see the beginning of this googly necessary rebuild through. 

Guys like Pomeranz and Sano are cheap lotto tickets that can bring in more prospects at the deadline. 

And as for the Padres, it sounds like it's not a teardown as much as it was a scheduled retooling of the roster. They went for it, it failed. No shame. But they're going to keep their long-term pieces in place, which for better or worse, are Tatis, Cronenworth, Machado...

If reports are true about Jarren Duran, they're looking for controllable, upside options in return for their rental pieces and prospects. 

Ward's power probably doesn't play up much in SD and probably manifests in a very similar fashion to Wil Myers. And that's if he's healthy. I don't think the Angels and Padres match up really. Maybe they want Drury and Rengifo but they probably wouldn't pay a steep price. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Really hoping Minasian keeps building around the perimeter of the roster with smaller deals, and minor league signings with upside. Don't spend on any flawed and expensive free agents. Have the guts to see the beginning of this googly necessary rebuild through. 

Guys like Pomeranz and Sano are cheap lotto tickets that can bring in more prospects at the deadline. 

Perry has one year left on his deal and while I think he’s done an overall decent job here given what he has to work with. I just can’t imagine he goes into the season with the roster that’s currently constructed and say in his last season as a GM losing Ohtani all he accomplished was spending $50 million on the bullpen and a bunch of minor leaguers for AAA depth. I think we are in the same boat as San Diego where we aren’t rebuilding but trying to retool the roster where we can but this roster still needs a lot of help.

Unless Arte has an extension lined up for him that would allow him to rebuild and wait on bigger ticket free agents/trades but I highly doubt it…

5 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Perry has one year left on his deal and while I think he’s done an overall decent job here given what he has to work with. I just can’t imagine he goes into the season with the roster that’s currently constructed and say in his last season as a GM losing Ohtani all he accomplished was spending $50 million on the bullpen and a bunch of minor leaguers for AAA depth. I think we are in the same boat as San Diego where we aren’t rebuilding but trying to retool the roster where we can but this roster still needs a lot of help.

Unless Arte has an extension lined up for him which I highly doubt…

I think if I had a guess, Arte is going to sell pretty soon and once a new owner is on place, Minasian is gone. 

7 minutes ago, ShotimeDynasty said:

I could see a trade for Kim coming after Montgomery or Snell signs up.

Silseth + Moniak for Kim might be something that could work.

The 5 outfielder mix just doesn’t feel right, I think there’s a high likelihood one of em gets moved. 

I do not see Angels giving up 2 young players for a 1 year rental.