• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest Weakness

Hubs

3 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

"Play pepper up the middle."

Nobody knows how to do this anymore. It's not taught. It's a lost art. The go big or go home approach has taken over baseball and move the runner over situational hitting is a thing of the past taken over by exit velo and launch angle.

Do players even practice bunting?

Hence the rule changes. Pitching has become so good, that it made more sense (odds were better) to try to drive the ball than string together hits. 

Hmmmm...biggest weakness? There are soooooo many to choose from...

The owner. 

Health.

Mindset.

Top of the rotation. 

Bullpen depth.

Situational hitting.

In that order. These are all glaring weaknesses. Obviously, nothing can be done about #1.

Edited by Mark68

Hitting
Defense
Top of Rotation
Bullpen
Bottom of rotation
Arte
Pitching
Lineup
Interns
Player Development 
iPad
Scouting
Small Ball
Rendon
Stadium
AL West
Medical Staff
Drug
Grit
Fan Base
Baseball
Buttercup

Obviously just a cursory look at the issues facing the organization and in no particular order.

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hitting
Defense
Top of Rotation
Bullpen
Bottom of rotation
Arte
Pitching
Lineup
Interns
Player Development 
iPad
Scouting
Small Ball
Rendon
Stadium
AL West
Medical Staff
Drug
Grit
Fan Base
Baseball

Obviously just a cursory look at the issues facing the organization and in no particular order.

You forgot "Buttercup".

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

i have edited my post to correct this egregious oversight

Placing at the bottom is a mistake in itself. This should rank just below Arte. Get rid of one and the other goes as well.

There is nothing more rally killing as the fans singing about how the team is going to let them down. I can hear it from the dugout, "Hey guys, let's get out there and win this one for all of those miserable fucks."

the unknown from a lot of spots.  

I can usually ballpark what to expect from most guys.  

My confidence intervals are super spread out for pretty much everyone.  

two or three stellar or really crappy performances could make all the difference.  

I think pen help and a TOR arm are obvious.  

I don't think there's anything they can do this off season to make next year anything but a massive role of the dice.  

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

the unknown from a lot of spots.  

I can usually ballpark what to expect from most guys.  

My confidence intervals are super spread out for pretty much everyone.  

two or three stellar or really crappy performances could make all the difference.  

I think pen help and a TOR arm are obvious.  

I don't think there's anything they can do this off season to make next year anything but a massive role of the dice.  

You're being kind.

This is like when analysts describe a player as "inconsistent" when they really mean he plays like dog shit almost all the time.

On 11/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hitting
Defense
Top of Rotation
Bullpen
Bottom of rotation
Arte
Pitching
Lineup
Interns
Player Development 
iPad
Scouting
Small Ball
Rendon
Stadium
AL West
Medical Staff
Drug
Grit
Fan Base
Baseball
Buttercup

Long list you missed most important. That dam Rally Monkey

The biggest weakness of this team over the last decade is risk management.  They have spent far too much money on free agent contracts with zero or negative return.  If they had received just average performance from the mega-contracts we wouldn’t be in 9-yr playoff drought.  

I’m a Perry fan because he comes from the ATL brain trust and seems to value shorter term contracts for post-arbitration free agents that don’t handcuff the roster.  Plus he takes responsibility for the misses, is quick to address areas of need, and is bold with his moves.  Unfortunately he works for an owner that values names on the marquee over a healthy top-to-bottom organization.

IMO the next decade of Angel baseball is in the balance this offseason. If the team commits $500m to Ohtani, our chances of returning to perennial contention will dim considerably.  If Trout and Rendon were playing semi-full seasons and performing it would be different, but they are not.  We simply can’t risk paying $110-120m a year for three guys when two of them can’t stay on the field and the third MAY end up being a leveled-up DH. 

Looking at it OF is a concern. Adell big question mark and out of options. He needs to play every day not twice a week to be productive. Trout has been on IL so much last 3 years and if Ohtani leaves should DH 2 times a week. I wonder how his hand is after fracture swinging the bat. Is Trout hand fully healthy. Moniak did some nice things last season but needs to cut down on his K's hopefully he cannot do that. Ward another Question mark after being hit in face. His return to 2022 playing level would be huge help. Teoscar Hernandez if signed could he be a help? Many IF's on halos  going into 2024 if they hope to compete.

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Looking at it OF is a concern. Adell big question mark and out of options. He needs to play every day not twice a week to be productive. Trout has been on IL so much last 3 years and if Ohtani leaves should DH 2 times a week. I wonder how his hand is after fracture swinging the bat. Is Trout hand fully healthy. Moniak did some nice things last season but needs to cut down on his K's hopefully he cannot do that. Ward another Question mark after being hit in face. His return to 2022 playing level would be huge help. Teoscar Hernandez if signed could he be a help? Many IF's on halos  going into 2024 if they hope to compete.

Moniak hasn’t really played a lot of baseball since 2020, Major Leagues or Minors. I’m sure that has slowed down his progress  to realizing his potential. Let see what he can do with a healthy, 500 AB season.

21 minutes ago, Halodays said:

Moniak hasn’t really played a lot of baseball since 2020, Major Leagues or Minors. I’m sure that has slowed down his progress  to realizing his potential. Let see what he can do with a healthy, 500 AB season.

Moniak had a very nice year in 2023, I also hope he takes another step forward. He is what 25.

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

The need for top line pitching is so desperate that some of the Angels young talent could end up being offered in a trade.  (Moniak, Ohoppe, Adell, Detmers).   Possibly Neto as well but he would be the last one of the young guys to

34 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

The need for top line pitching is so desperate that some of the Angels young talent could end up being offered in a trade.  (Moniak, Ohoppe, Adell, Detmers).   Possibly Neto as well but he would be the last one of the young guys to

Nothing will be done till we see where Ohtani signs. If he is gone you do not trade your young building blocks but add to them. I think Silseth and Daniels will surprise people this year. I go after the young Korean OF as he is only 25. Add to young players.