• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Angels Offseason Plan

BTH

Since @Stradling started a thread about Angels free agency predictions, I figured I’d start one asking what YOU would do this offseason for the Angels.

Roster Resource projects that they are $62M below their 2023 payroll and $73M below the first luxury tax threshold, so try and stay within those budgetary constraints.

Go…

Yoshinobo Yamamoto: 10/$250M

Nick Martinez: 3/$27M

Joc Pederson: 2/$24M

Matt Moore: 1/$8M

Tim Anderson: 1/$8M

Colin McHugh: 1/$4M

Rengifo (-$4.2M) to PIT for Dauri Moreta ($720k)

Rotation: Yamamoto, Sandoval, Detmers, Canning, Martinez

Bullpen: Estévez, Moore, Soriano, Moreta, Bachman, Joyce, McHugh, Anderson

Lineup: Schanuel (1B), Trout (CF), Drury (2B), Pederson (DH), Rendon (3B), Ward (LF), Moniak (RF), O’Hoppe (C), Neto (SS)

Bench: Stassi, Anderson, Adell, Thaiss

58 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

Trade Arte Moreno to the Las Vegas A's

A's get

- Owner who will spend, finally

- Tons of billboard opportunities

- No more trading good players at the deadline

- Buttercup + Salary Relief

Angels get

- Billy Beane

- Dont have to listen to Buttercup anymore

As long as we get to keep Tarpy.

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lol, the Angels are not signing Yamamoto. He can get big money and good chances at winning with a lot of other clubs. 

It’s a what would you do, not a what will happen or what do you want to happen. 

Even if he isn’t likely to sign here, 10/$250m is absolutely realistic enough of an offer for a “if I were GM” post

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

It’s a what would you do, not a what will happen or what do you want to happen. 

Even if he isn’t likely to sign here, 10/$250m is absolutely realistic enough of an offer for a “if I were GM” post

I really do not like 10 year contracts but that’s what it takes these days. 

28 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I remember hearing that very same argument 6 years ago when we signed Ohtani.  Jason, I hope you get karma'ed. 

I’m not sure having an opinion on a baseball free agent deserves karma but, ok. I’m always willing to eat crow though. 

this is based off what I would do with a budget that comes in below the luxury tax:

Angels trade Adell/Kochanowicz/Paris to Cleveland for Shane Bieber and minor league reliever

Angels trade Carlos Estevez to Marlins for JT Chargois and minor league reliever Zack McCambley

Angels trade Tyler Anderson to cardinals for minor league 3b man Evan Mendoza

Angels trade Luis Rengifo and Jose Suarez to Diamondbacks for Drey Jameson

angels sign: 

Josh Hader to 5/110 deal

Kevin Keirmaier to 2/22 deal

Michael Wacha to 2/30 deal

Rhys Hoskins 2/30 deal

Yuki Matsui to 2/10 deal

sign Joey Wendle and Yonny Chirinos to cheap 1 year deals or minor league deals

Bieber, Sandoval, Wacha, Detmers, Canning/Jameson

Hader, Joyce, Chargois, Soriano, Matsui, Bachman, Silseth

Schanuel/Trout/Hoskins/Rendon/Drury Ward/ Moniak/Ohoppe/Neto

Keirmaier, Stassi, Fletcher, Wendle main guys off the bench

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

In my opinion those trades are very angels lopsided.

Tell MLB Trade Values that.  It is completely possible that those teams want young prospects in return. However 3 years of guys like Sandoval and Ward are more valuable than one year of a pitcher usually.  Hell Bieber’s trade value is about half of Moniak’s because you get one for one year and the other for 4 years.

22 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd do very little. No big contracts, just a few minor signings to fill up the roster. Re-invest the money into the farm system. Tend the garden for a few years, see what grows.

I agree with most of this save money for next year. Make small signings this year to fill out roster and give young players a chance to develop more. 

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree with most of this save money for next year. Make small signings this year to fill out roster and give young players a chance to develop more. 

Nothing prevents them from developing with signings this year. They aren’t signing an everyday SS, Catcher or 1b. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Tell MLB Trade Values that.  It is completely possible that those teams want young prospects in return. However 3 years of guys like Sandoval and Ward are more valuable than one year of a pitcher usually.  Hell Bieber’s trade value is about half of Moniak’s because you get one for one year and the other for 4 years.

Well according to their numbers here is the Diamondbacks and Mariners trade. I don't buy into their evaluations.

Screenshot_20231124-153458.png

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Also, I am fully aware that my trades leave us without an outfield.  The guys I think I would like are Margot and Pham.  I have no idea the cost to acquire Margot and I don’t know the salary expectations of a guy like Pham.

Margot seems more like a salary dump; I can’t imagine the Rays get much in return for him.

I’d guess Pham probably gets 1-2 years at 10-12 million AAV max.

for all of you wanting to trade taylor ward, i don't think he's tradeable until he can prove he's fully recovered from being beaned. while i think teams might be interested in him, i'd expect a pretty low-ball offer at this point in time. maybe that changes once the season starts and they see how well he's recovered.