• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your Angels Offseason Plan

BTH

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

for all of you wanting to trade taylor ward, i don't think he's tradeable until he can prove he's fully recovered from being beaned. while i think teams might be interested in him, i'd expect a pretty low-ball offer at this point in time. maybe that changes once the season starts and they see how well he's recovered.

That’s an interesting question.

Because if you look at just numbers and data, there’s not gonna be concern about that.

But if you use logic and common sense, that has to factor in.

I just don’t know how teams view it. Do they put him on a “don’t acquire” list, lower their evaluation of him, or don’t care at all?

Probably depends on the team, but I just don’t know to what degree.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

for all of you wanting to trade taylor ward, i don't think he's tradeable until he can prove he's fully recovered from being beaned. while i think teams might be interested in him, i'd expect a pretty low-ball offer at this point in time. maybe that changes once the season starts and they see how well he's recovered.

A website said he's good enough to get glassnow lol

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I also would buy low on a minor league contract for Kyle Lewis.

One of your better ideas on this website.

I’d even offer him a major league deal if that’s what it takes to get him. He has options, so all you’re guaranteeing is a 40-man spot

I am not sure how you guys feel about taking some low dollar pitching flyer's on Frankie Montas and Jack Flaherty? I think we need some RHP as we have so many lefty starters.If they have bounce back campains we could flip them for youth at the deadline if we dont want to resign them. Both guys will be looking to rebuild there value and be motivated I would think and shouldnt cost that much to take us out of the Ohtani sweepstakes. I do think that if we wait around for Ohtani to make a choice we could be left with an empty basket and even fewer options then there already is. to fill out a competative roster. I am of the mind set that even if we are in a youth movment you want to compete to keep that fire in your young guys and not bread a mentality of loosing is ok.

1 hour ago, Chitown27Fan said:

I am not sure how you guys feel about taking some low dollar pitching flyer's on Frankie Montas and Jack Flaherty? I think we need some RHP as we have so many lefty starters.If they have bounce back campains we could flip them for youth at the deadline if we dont want to resign them. Both guys will be looking to rebuild there value and be motivated I would think and shouldnt cost that much to take us out of the Ohtani sweepstakes. I do think that if we wait around for Ohtani to make a choice we could be left with an empty basket and even fewer options then there already is. to fill out a competative roster. I am of the mind set that even if we are in a youth movment you want to compete to keep that fire in your young guys and not bread a mentality of loosing is ok.

I agree. 

We did that with Noah S, and despite him being meh we still flipped him and acquired Moniak. 

1 hour ago, Chitown27Fan said:

I am not sure how you guys feel about taking some low dollar pitching flyer's on Frankie Montas and Jack Flaherty? I think we need some RHP 

I’d be down, but as a secondary SP addition and not the main SP addition.

And I’d prefer Montas over Flaherty.

3 hours ago, Chitown27Fan said:

I'm certainly fine with this as long as they get someone from the top shelf top of the rotation list--Yamamoto or bust!

1.  Trade Jo Adell for Javier Baez

2. Trade Patrick Sandoval for Robbie Ray

3. Trade Carlos Estevez for Phil Bickford

4.  Sign Austin Meadows to a five-year deal. 

5. Sign Heath Hembree to a three-year deal.

6. Sign Trevor Bauer as a Closer. 

7. Move Mike Trout to Third Base and Carlos Rendon to Left Field.

4 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

1.  Trade Jo Adell for Javier Baez

That is a no upside trade giving away 5 years of team control for a guy that is barely league average, over 30 and in a decline with $98 million left in his contract. This is a fantasy trade for Tigers fans.

2. Trade Patrick Sandoval for Robbie Ray

A 32 year old pitcher owed $73 million and logged one game for the Mariners last season before blowing out his flexor and ulnar and isn't expected back until the end of the 2024 season. This is a Mariners fan dream trade. 

3. Trade Carlos Estevez for Phil Bickford

Estevez is expensive crap. Bickford is cheap crap. The Angels would have to pay SF to make the swap and still would have crap. No to crap.

4.  Sign Austin Meadows to a five-year deal. 

Meadows has played all of 42 games in the last two years. No, just hell no, we dont need another Rendon't. 

5. Sign Heath Hembree to a three-year deal.

This guy has been gawd awful for the three previous years and you have to be nuts to think his 1.1 innings pitched last year without giving up a run says he has turned it around. This is nuts, relievers are flakes and Hembree is dandruff. 

7. Move Mike Trout to Third Base and Carlos Rendon to Left Field.

disappointed-bunk-moreland.gif

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That is a no upside trade giving away 5 years of team control for a guy that is barely league average, over 30 and in a decline with $98 million left in his contract. This is a fantasy trade for Tigers fans.

A 32 year old pitcher owed $73 million and logged one game for the Mariners last season before blowing out his flexor and ulnar and isn't expected back until the end of the 2024 season. This is a Mariners fan dream trade. 

Estevez is expensive crap. Bickford is cheap crap. The Angels would have to pay SF to make the swap and still would have crap. No to crap.

Meadows has played all of 42 games in the last two years. No, just hell no, we dont need another Rendon't. 

This guy has been gawd awful for the three previous years and you have to be nuts to think his 1.1 innings pitched last year without giving up a run says he has turned it around. This is nuts, relievers are flakes and Hembree is dandruff. 

disappointed-bunk-moreland.gif

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Offseason Plan: 

Sign Ohtani: 12yr $552M = $46 AAV
Sign Jordan Hicks: 3yr/$15M = $5M AAV
Trade Rengifo + Kochanowicz for Shane Bieber = +$7,200,000 AAV
Trade Silseth + Dana + Adell for Corbin Burnes = + $14,100,000 AAV

Gets you just shy of the $73M before hitting the tax.

IDK.......

Edited by angelsnationtalk

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Offseason Plan: 

Sign Ohtani: 12yr $552M = $46 AAV
Sign Jordan Hicks: 3yr/$15M = $5M AAV
Trade Rengifo + Kochanowicz for Shane Bieber = +$7,200,000 AAV
Trade Silseth + Dana + Adell for Corbin Burnes = + $14,100,000 AAV

Gets you just shy of the $73M before hitting the tax.

IDK.......

Both of the other teams laugh at your trade suggestions