• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels hire Barry Enright as pitching coach

AngelsWin.com

The Angels on Tuesday hired Barry Enright as their pitching coach, bringing to six staffers under new manager Ron Washington.

Enright spent the past two years as the Arizona Diamondbacks’ assistant pitching coach. Previously, he worked as a coach in the Arizona farm system.

He joins a staff that includes third-base coach Eric Young Sr., first-base coach Bo Porter, hitting coach Johnny Washington, infield coach Ryan Goins and catching coach Jerry Narron.

The Angels still need a bench coach, an assistant pitching coach and at least one more hitting coach.

Enright, 37, played at Pepperdine before beginning a career that included parts of four years in the majors. He pitched for the Angels in 2012 and 2013, working in a total of seven games.

View the full article

On 11/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Angels 1961 said:

Barry, I hope can turn Sandoval around. Halos lot of talented young starters hope he can help get them to pitch 6 inn.

caught the tail end of ken burns baseball the 8th inning last night. great stat: bob gibson had won his last 7 starts in the WS, and all of them were complete games. 

i miss those days.

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

caught the tail end of ken burns baseball the 8th inning last night. great stat: bob gibson had won his last 7 starts in the WS, and all of them were complete games. 

i miss those days.

Times are different now with so much money in play. Pitch count was not around and many pitchers throw 150 in a game. Young kids many of them play year round which I feel leads to early arm troubles. Teams want to protect investment they have and same with players. Stick around long enough you become a millionaire.

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Times are different now with so much money in play. Pitch count was not around and many pitchers throw 150 in a game. Young kids many of them play year round which I feel leads to early arm troubles. Teams want to protect investment they have and same with players. Stick around long enough you become a millionaire.

all this is already well known by pretty much everyone here, including me.

Even Gibson couldn't be Gibson now. Most hitters he'd face in a WS had never stood in against him before and were likely anticipating something up and in if they looked too comfy in the box. Now you can't brush back everyone who dares stand on the plate so it takes more pitches to set up hitters and now even the weakest hitters are stronger than just about anyone in the '60s.