• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Spring Training Gathering (March 7th-10th)

Chuck

On 12/24/2023 at 11:25 AM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

@Tank @NJHalo

Mclain went into my daughter’s class this week and read to them and gave them cards and signed them all. They were stoked. 

IMG_4627.jpeg

how awesome! she must have been thrilled.

can you imagine how thrilling it would have been for any of us to have a real life big leaguer visit our class when we were kids?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

how awesome! she must have been thrilled.

can you imagine how thrilling it would have been for any of us to have a real life big leaguer visit our class when we were kids?

They are very good friends. And he’s a good guy. These students in Tustin were stoked 

14 hours ago, katie said:

I assume the shindig is Saturday, are we doing group tickets for one of the games? 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

I am officially taking vacation that week, so @Chuck, let's get tickets and a sportsbar lined up. 

We should get group tickets for the Friday game @katie

I'm going to go for a smaller venue like the old Hail Marys for our gathering, @Blarg.

Definitely need to start planning since the holidays are behind us. 

Let's post some ideas for the bar here. @James pointed out a few places on Facebook Messenger already, let's get them here. 

Blarg, if you can coordinate the group tix for Friday's game that would be awesome. 

42 minutes ago, Chuck said:

We should get group tickets for the Friday game @katie

I'm going to go for a smaller venue like the old Hail Marys for our gathering, @Blarg.

Definitely need to start planning since the holidays are behind us. 

Let's post some ideas for the bar here. @James pointed out a few places on Facebook Messenger already, let's get them here. 

Blarg, if you can coordinate the group tix for Friday's game that would be awesome. 

Fate Brewing has a full bar and space for us. This would require a cost though for each of us for the event as the space is not free. 

I am awaiting response from Four Peaks and Pedal Haus to see if they have space as well they can reserve for us. 

If anyone knows of a good spot in the area that may work, let us know. 

Chuck, Boondocks may be worth reaching out to as well. Says on website if you have a larger party but you don't need catering to call directly. 

I secured 15 tickets in row M aisle 4 on the third base side for Friday, March 8th. It was the best location with that many available. Stadium is filling up fast.

Please add your name to the list but try and keep it to no more than two per person. Tickets come to $60 each after the usual ticketmaster fleecing. If you don't want to be in please cross off your name.

Blarg -2

@Chuck -1

@Spirit -1

@James -1

@katie -1

@Brian Ilten -1

@ScottT -1

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I secured 15 tickets in row M aisle 4 on the third base side for Friday, May 8th. It was the best location with that many available. Stadium is filling up fast.

Please add your name to the list but try and keep it to no more than two per person. Tickets come to $60 each after the usual ticketmaster fleecing. If you don't want to be in please cross off your name.

Blarg -1

@Chuck -1

@Spirit -1

@James -1

@katie -1

@BaseballMom -1

@Brian Ilten -1

@Slegnaac -1

@ScottT -1

Those dang free agent signings getting people to buy up all the tickets!

Thanks Blarg, I am in. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I secured 15 tickets in row M aisle 4 on the third base side for Friday, May 8th. It was the best location with that many available. Stadium is filling up fast.

Blarg -1

@Chuck -1

@Spirit -1

@James -1

@katie -1

@BaseballMom -1

@Brian Ilten -1

@Slegnaac -1

@ScottT -1

4 minutes ago, James said:

Those dang free agent signings getting people to buy up all the tickets!

Thanks Blarg, I am in. 

i hope you meant March 8th, @Blarg

Good luck with the logistics and to all who attend. I don't think the dates work for me. It can be be a blast getting together. People in person can be quite different than their online personas. Or not! 

I got together in the late nineties with a 49er fan group in the  early days of the Internet. We went to a few days of training camp in Rocklin. One of the groups lived in Sacramento and made all the arrangements re hotels, restaurants etc. Really cool watching Steve Young, Jerry Rice, etc. up close. Also had a chance to talk to some of the players and get autographs and take pictures.  

58 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I secured 15 tickets in row M aisle 4 on the third base side for Friday, March 8th. It was the best location with that many available. Stadium is filling up fast.

Blarg -1

@Chuck -1

@Spirit -1

@James -1

@katie -1

@BaseballMom -1

@Brian Ilten -1

@Slegnaac -1

@ScottT -1

Hi @Blarg I won't be able to go to this game. We already have tickets for the Diamondbacks that day. Trying out different ballparks. We will be at the home game on Sunday though if anyone else is going to that one. Looking forward to the shindig on Saturday. Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Blarg -1

@Chuck -1

@Spirit -1

@James -1

@katie -1

@BaseballMom -1

@Brian Ilten -1

@Slegnaac -1

@ScottT -1

I’m in. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Blarg -1

@Chuck -1

@Spirit -1

@James -1

@katie -1

@BaseballMom -1

@Brian Ilten -1

@Slegnaac -1

@ScottT -1

Hey @Blarg I already purchased tickets for Friday and Sunday.