• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Led the league in Unearned Runs.

Hubs

I listened to Locked On Angels today and they said that the Angels led the league in unearned runs. I knew the defense was bad at times, but I guess I got caught up in all the razzle dazzle plays.

I knew the defense needed work, I didn't know it was the worst in the league. 

How many wins did this cost us? 5? 10? 15?

34 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I listened to Locked On Angels today and they said that the Angels led the league in unearned runs. I knew the defense was bad at times, but I guess I got caught up in all the razzle dazzle plays.

Bad defense, bad relief pitching , bad starting pitching, hitters in a lineup that strikes out anywhere from 15- 35 percent of the time, and has little ability to hit with runners in scoring position. They also don't know how to bunt, or hit behind a runner to get guys in scoring position. Recipe for failure. It added up to over 90 losses.

40 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They gave up 91 more runs than earned runs. The next closest is the Astros that are 68 over earned runs. The Rangers  only 33. 

The Rangers were 10th in the AL for ERA which should keep them out of the playoffs instead of winning the division. The Astros are 6th.

But the Rangers, as a team, have an .789 ops (1st). That is more like a fringe All Star individual number not a team statistic. The Astros .768 (3rd), so both teams out score their pitching.

The Angels are 7th at .743 ops and 12th in ERA at 4.64. They are neither out hitting or out pitching their opponents. 

4 hours ago, Hubs said:

Exhibit A for hiring a manager who doesn’t ignore fundamentals

3 hours ago, BTH said:

Also Exhibit A for why Benji Gil shouldn’t be manager.

He was the infield coach of this team that led the league in unearned runs.

Yep, for whatever reason when you bring this up on twitter they make excuses for him.  Bottom line is if you can’t cut it as an infield coach, you are really going to struggle with more responsibility.  

On 10/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, greginpsca said:

Bad defense, bad relief pitching , bad starting pitching, hitters in a lineup that strikes out anywhere from 15- 35 percent of the time, and has little ability to hit with runners in scoring position. They also don't know how to bunt, or hit behind a runner to get guys in scoring position. Recipe for failure. It added up to over 90 losses.

Was there anything they were good at? You didn’t mention base running so I assume they were good at that.