• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

11 hours ago, BTH said:

Found this article where he claims it was a joke. And the article says that approach is “a far cry from the plate approach he now preaches to his PawSox charges.”

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/05/04/20130504-disarcina-has-learned-the-value-of-a-walk-ece/35419559007/

I'm sure that's what he claims now... 

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

. Minasian in his last year of his contract he might be gone after next season. More things change more they remain the same.

I don't see how any new manager comes  into a situation with a 'lame-duck' general manager -Minasian's role in certain player development issues may have to be limited.  For example - I could see the Halos hiring Showalter for a 2 year contract perhaps with a third year option both sides - but let's face it. - Angels need some major internal organizational changes and a guy like Showalter needs the authority, flexibility and time to make those changes throughout the organization to right the ship long term.  The situation is a train wreck now.  If Minasian can thwart the efforts of a Showalter in year one -- it's all a waste of time.  I think Showalter is a guy who is up to the task -but let's face it folks,  with Texas, Houston and Seattle all playoff. type teams ahead of the Halos in the AL West - we're not contending any time soon --  so it's a good time to 're-group' - see if Showalter can restructure the organization from the inside out and put the most competitive team that he can on the field realizing the Halos haven't played even .500 ball in what? five years or so.  

On 10/18/2023 at 11:20 PM, Docwaukee said:

apparently Roenicke is interviewing.  

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/10/latest-on-angels-managerial-search-2.html?utm_source=twitter

Torii Hunter and Tim Salmon are apparently now candidates, as is Ron Roenicke. I think the others who are mentioned have already been mentioned elsewhere. 

@Docwaukee with the scoop

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I just got back from a two-week vacation in Greece. Can someone post all the names of the managerial candidates for me?

Well, to start, you didn’t miss much.

We’ve only heard about candidates. There have been zero reports about actual interviews.

The names that reporters have mentioned as actually being discussed, considered, or as a candidate by the team are:

Gary DiSarcina

Darin Erstad

Benji Gil

Torii Hunter

Ron Roenicke

Tim Salmon

Buck Showalter

9 minutes ago, BTH said:

Well, to start, you didn’t miss much.

We’ve only heard about candidates. There have been zero reports about actual interviews.

The names that reporters have mentioned as actually being discussed, considered, or as a candidate by the team are:

Gary DiSarcina

Darin Erstad

Benji Gil

Torii Hunter

Ron Roenicke

Tim Salmon

Buck Showalter

I hate all of them

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I hate all of them

It’s not a great list of candidates…

It also seems like it’s taking forever.

We’ve gotten no indications they’ve interviewed anyone, or even informed candidates that they will be interviewed.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

It’s not a great list of candidates…

It also seems like it’s taking forever.

We’ve gotten no indications they’ve interviewed anyone, or even informed candidates that they will be interviewed.

It has only been a few weeks.  Only one team with an open manager slot has filled it.  I don't think there's a real rush--especially since the people who ARE being mentioned as possibilities for the Angels' position aren't really being discussed for the other open positions.

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It has only been a few weeks.  Only one team with an open manager slot has filled it.  I don't think there's a real rush--especially since the people who ARE being mentioned as possibilities for the Angels' position aren't really being discussed for the other open positions.

Yeah...I know you weren't suggesting this but let's not pretend that this is a good thing...