• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phil Nevin out as Angels manager, Minasian to remain GM

mmc

2 hours ago, Smartass24 said:

Arte needs to extend Minasian then. If he doesn’t then we are just going to end up with another GM who didn’t get to pick his manager or another new manager in a year. 

Was going to say this. He’s had his ups and downs but just let the guy run baseball ops through 2027 and see what he can do with autonomy.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm happy he's gone. Really soured on him as the season progressed. 

Are you talking about this season or in 2022? And...yes, BOTH would be a perfectly acceptable answer given how his terrible in-game decisions cost us wins in each...

I'm happy with these moves. I do like Minasian as the GM and he deserves the chance to build something through and through.

Never was a fan of Nevin. I enjoyed his passion, but that was about it. 

I love the idea of Erstad, but I think they're going to go after a seasoned coach like Melvin and Buck (yikes). 

Salmon and maybe a few others might get some roles on the staff. 

7 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm home now and I quickly scanned through. Did I miss any posts from @Swordsman78? Or is he curled up in the fetal position, clutching a teddy bear for support, unable to post?

He's changing his name to Swordsman79, hoping we won't be able to tell it's still him.

Some of my issues with overreaching have to do with my own management (non-baseball) career. I believe firmly in delegating and letting my employees do their thing. I hate micro management and one of my own bosses is the epitome of this. (One is a micro manager and the other is a delegator, I get along much better with the delegator). Micro management is so annoying and is among the worst traits in management. 

Whomever the front office hires, they need to trust to give them the data and the details and let them manage the game. They also need a huge overhaul in their own analytic process, as these are not all equal. Clearly the Dodgers or Rays are doing something the Angels aren't. They need to emulate that.

This also goes for Arte and Carpino as well. Trust your employees to do their best and delegate responsibilities.

Edited by Hubs

Nevin has been stealing a paycheck for a long time. I hope he’s hurting just like I was every time I had to watch Barria pitch. Maybe they are curled up on a couch somewhere spooning. Neither one of those clowns belong in baseball at any level. As for Minasian he should have been let go as well. He went all in with a pair of deuces at the trading deadline with Nevin as his manager. That’s the definition of insanity.