• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A New Tale of Two Superstars from Yesteryear (Trout & Rendon)

Angelsjunky

8 hours ago, AngelsMetsWS said:

What do you think about Ohtani?
if he does sign here his contact could very well be another franchise killer.  

I dont mind extending Ohtani for 2 reasons.  One he is a homegrown player and has earned.

Two he brings in the revenue back to the team through ticket sells, media rights in Japan, and merchandise sells.

As for franchise killer?  Its only a franchise killer if the owner doesnt increase payroll to pay for other players.

If thats the case blame the owner.

Edited by stormngt

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I dont mind extending Ohtani fir 2 reasons.  One he is a homegrown player and has earned.

Two he brings in the revenue back to the team through ticket sells, media rights in Japan, and merchandise sells.

As for franchise killer?  Its only a franchise killer if the owner doesnt increase payroll to pay for other players.

Going over the luxury tax to pander to Ohtani wanting only to pitch every six days is a franchise killer. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Let's revue the last two years of injuries.

7/4/23     Shin
6/15/23    Wrist
5/14/23    Groin
6/14/22    Wrist
5/28/22    Wrist

Every single one had a plate appearance attached to it. Both Groin injuries were from running the bases. Wrists were hit by pitches.

Fielding isn't killing Rendon.  

His bad throws are killing the Halos though.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

I dont mind extending Ohtani for 2 reasons.  One he is a homegrown player and has earned.

I guess it’s doable for two years, assuming they got under the tax threshold in 2023.

Then it’s only two years over it, minor penalties.

Would he accept a two year offer though?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I guess it’s doable for two years, assuming they got under the tax threshold in 2023.

Then it’s only two years over it, minor penalties.

Would he accept a two year offer though?

I said 2 reasons, not two years.  However, if not mistaken we are through with Rendon in three years 

If not, the big contract wont hurt the Dodgers or Yankees so it should hurt the Angels.

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

He doesnt bring it the extra revenue?

Revenue doesn't matter. A 6 man rotation cannot win a pennant. You are putting 27 games in the hands of a pitcher worse than your number 5 and taking those games from 1-5 reducing your chances of winning.

It's like playing poker with only four cards while everyone else gets delt 5. You are going to lose a lot more than if you had 5 cards per deal.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Revenue doesn't matter. A 6 man rotation cannot win a pennant. You are putting 27 games in the hands of a pitcher worse than your number 5 and taking those games from 1-5 reducing your chances of winning.

It's like playing poker with only four cards while everyone else gets delt 5. You are going to lose a lot more than if you had 5 cards per deal.

This is a good point but could become moot with good pitching depth, which the Angels never really have.

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is a good point but could become moot with good pitching depth, which the Angels never really have.

They will never have six starters that reducing the top four 7 games a piece even out what the number 5 & 6 produce in losses and bullpen strain.

It's not just that the #5 & 6 will have less chances of winning, they also have less chances of going 6 or more innings, that reduces the bullpen effectiveness and requires shuttling more AAAA pitchers into the bullpen from Salt Lake. 

So even your best pitchers may have a less effective bullpen to hold a lead for the win. Everyone loses in a six man rotation. 

14 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Such a professional.

I'll never doubt Trout on the field.

That being said...and so rare for me to have a "but" added when I mention Trout...But dude needs to grab stones and cause a riot. 

Unacceptable baseball across the entire organization and it needs to change. 

You wanna be the face of the Halos, you have it. You're getting your check Mike, start making noise my man.

7 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Such a professional.

I'll never doubt Trout on the field.

That being said...and so rare for me to have a "but" added when I mention Trout...But dude needs to grab stones and cause a riot. 

Unacceptable baseball across the entire organization and it needs to change. 

You wanna be the face of the Halos, you have it. You're getting your check Mike, start making noise my man.

So very on brand for you, CaliAngel.

• Chuck changed the title to A New Tale of Two Superstars from Yesteryear (Trout & Rendon)
16 hours ago, Blarg said:

Good point