• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When do we find out the statuses of Nevin and Minasian beyond 2023?

BTH

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Problem is Arte Moreno fancies himself baseball knowledgeable.

Not based on the past 8 seasons, he isn’t.

I’d like to think that he is listening to Minasian, since they didn’t sign Turner.  But who knows with Moreno.

Instead, he signed Tyler Anderson, Carlos E, traded for Renfroe and traded what little halos had on farm at trade deadline.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2023 at 2:06 AM, BTH said:

I guess my point fits the 2022 Angels better than the 2023 Angels.

My point with the 2022 Angels was that if say, Jose Rojas stepped up and held down the 3B spot, they wouldn’t need to cycle through Mayfield, Wade, MacKinnon, Villar, etc. at 3B.

Same goes for the outfield with Thomas, Lagares, Whitefield, Sierra, Dugggar, etc.

On December 1, infielder David MacKinnon (Angels 2017 - 2022) was removed from the roster of Saitama Seibu Lions and announced as a free agent. It was reported that this was because they could not agree on the amount of the contract fee. Seibu's general manager Watanabe revealed that he was still negotiating with MacKinnon to stay. MacKinnon is now in the US.

(Link) His stats in NPB for 2023 season

By the way, Yoshinobu Yamamoto allowed only two home runs 2023 season, but MacKinnon hit a two-run home run from Yamamoto on May 6, 2023.

(YouTube) MacKinnon's 2-run HR from Yamamoto

MacKinnon's evaluation of Yoshinobu Yamamoto is below. 
(Partial Quotation) "Yamamoto could win the Cy Young Award next year."  "It wasn’t fun facing him." 

(Link) The Athletic on Nov 27, 2023
Projecting Yoshinobu Yamamoto: What to expect from the Japanese star pitcher