• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Silseth's rehab start didn't go so well

jsnpritchett

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Salt Lake lost 10-4.  Silseth started, but only made it through 1/3 of an inning.  Gave up three hits, two walks, two runs, and K'ed one. Thirty pitches total, 14 for strikes.

when kotchman got hit in the dome with a ball, he was never the same after that. i hope silseth doesn't suffer the same fate.

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm hoping they win 5 more so they avoid 90 losses. That's a tall order.

I am 100% ok with them losing every remaining game since it'll improve their draft order.  I might be in the minority here, but to me, there's no real difference between 72-90, 74-88, 76-86, etc.  It's all the same: you missed the playoffs and had a losing record.

I see only a high probability of two wins going forward, one of the Minnesota games (Twins pretty much have the division sewn up) and one of the Oakland games (we just cannot get swept twice to them). 

So worst case (or best if you're thinking draft position), 70-92.

But really, we're fielding a AAAA team at best for these final two weeks.

A dreadful season and no way to sugarcoat it. Arte, sell the team!

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Silseth is a bit of hot mess. In four starts in late July and early August, he struck out 31 and walked 5 in 22.2 IP, with a 1.59 ERA. Other than that, he sucked balls. Not sure what to make of him...there's talent, obviously, but so damn erratic.

That applies to the majority of the Angels starting staff.