• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fake friends thread

UndertheHalo

Since Shohei “wasn’t available” to take pictures with the team I am getting extremely powerful fake friend vibes.  This got me to thinking. “Wow, we Angels fans have endured so many fake friends” 

so here is a thread for us to remember all the fake friends.  I will start.  Jose Guillen.  

IMG_5247.webp

3 minutes ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

Chico Ruiz? What did he do to make this list? I remember him for saying the classic line "bench me or trade me!" Must be something dark and evil that I am unaware of......

~ArkyAngelsFan~

Chico and Alex Johnson were good friends, for a period of time.  The relationship went south and Chico pulled a gun on Johnson in the locker room after a loss to the Washington Senators on June 13, 1971.

2 minutes ago, RenoHalo said:

Any idea why it went down like that today with Shohei and the team photo? That’s pretty odd even with all the other oddities going on this season. The whole thing, with him being there then ushered out the back gate?? Wtf? 

That wasn't him.  That was a body double.  No joke.

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

Chico and Alex Johnson were good friends, for a period of time.  The relationship went south and Chico pulled a gun on Johnson in the locker room after a loss to the Washington Senators on June 13, 1971.

What you have said seems vaguely familiar; however, from what I know about Alex Johnson I would be much more inclined to put the blame on him than a guy who was known to be a good teammate and a positive club house guy like Chico Ruiz.

I do recall that after he would hit a homerun, Alex Johnson HATED anyone shaking his hand. So one time after Johnson homered Ruiz waited until Alex had sat down and grabbed his hand and shook it when Alex wasn't looking. Johnson then proceeded to kick Ruiz for shaking his hand. Lovely dude.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

30 minutes ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

What you have said seems vaguely familiar; however, from what I know about Alex Johnson I would be much more inclined to put the blame on him than a guy who was known to be a good teammate and a positive club house guy like Chico Ruiz.

I do recall that after he would hit a homerun, Alex Johnson HATED anyone shaking his hand. So one time after Johnson homered Ruiz waited until Alex had sat down and grabbed his hand and shook it when Alex wasn't looking. Johnson then proceeded to kick Ruiz for shaking his hand. Lovely dude.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

I have no doubt that Johnson had a far share of responsibility for the incident.   I probably needed to include both of their pictures.  Since Ruiz tragically died in February 1972, I suspect that their friendship might have still been on the outs.  But we will never know for sure.

2 hours ago, RenoHalo said:

Any idea why it went down like that today with Shohei and the team photo? That’s pretty odd even with all the other oddities going on this season. The whole thing, with him being there then ushered out the back gate?? Wtf? 

I'm guessing it had to do with his injury. Maybe he was getting tests at the same time as the picture was scheduled?