• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

13 minutes ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

Sorry just don't see it all. Mike likes - no loves - living in Newport Beach and  doesn't want to be traded away from his $9 million dollar home. It's really that simple. Yeah, I know that he wants to win. I mean he's got to say that and all but the real question is, 'How much'? 

And that's the rub. Unfortunately, from what I've seen over the past several years he's not all that upset with the Angels losing ways ....at least no where near as upset as he would be if he was traded away and had to go somewhere else and leave his palatial estate in Newport.

Nope, my fellow Angels' sufferers Mr. Trout ain't going anywhere anytime soon. He'll just continue to get injured and rehab on the beach while he smokes some brisket and all

Surfs up!!

~ArkyAngelsFan~

He is in the process of building his Golf Club, Event Center and High Rent District homes in New Jersey.... You might rethink that. He may wish to be closer to his investment.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/07/17/tiger-woods-mike-trout-golf-course-construction/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqS3vG9DWhU/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

He is in the process of building his Golf Club, Event Center and High Rent District homes in New Jersey.... You might rethink that. He may wish to be closer to his investment.

For the first time, I am possibly open to a Trout trade.   He will have to show that he can stay healthy first, though.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

For the first time, I am possibly open to a Trout trade.   He will have to show that he can stay healthy first, though.

The Angels would have to eat a huge portion of his remaining deal (something like $250 million owed after the year)…..not sure it would be worth it…..

10 minutes ago, DMVol said:

The Angels would have to eat a huge portion of his remaining deal (something like $250 million owed after the year)…..not sure it would be worth it…..

Maybe, maybe not, Generational player Future Hall of Famer.... They could take one back. You truly don't know until it happens.

I'm sure a team would take on a portion or all to Add him to their team! It would be similar to a trade for Mickey Mantle ticket sales, Merch, fan excitement and Advertisers would Flock!

At this point, I think the rest of Trout's career is going to be similar to Griffey's career after he left the Mariners. He'll still have moments, but Griffey averaged 105 games, 23 HR's 66 RBI's in his 9 seasons with the Reds.

Griffey had averaged 155 games in his last 4 with the Mariners. He didn't have the luxury of the DH with the Reds though. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Some are pissed I guess, that the Angels are apparently giving up on the season.

I’m just pissed that they haven’t put Nevin on waivers yet. Oh that along with the excitement from watching Barria throw batting practice. He should get a job as full time pitcher for the home run derby. He puts it there perfectly.

17 minutes ago, DMVol said:

They are paying him and Ren DONE for not playing regardless. Trout doesn’t belong in the same sentence as REN DONE but irregardless he can’t stay on the field. 

3 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Maybe, Maddon's comments last week regarding the trades and Giolitto is true he was a 2-3. Not a true 1a/1b as he hasn't had experience in a Playoffs or Pennant Race.

Then you've got CJ.

Then you've got the Register article about Wise and Tamin... 

It's all relevant!

Nobody thought Giolito was s 1

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Shigetoshi Hasegawa (Angels 1997-2001) has been active as a professional golfer in the United States since 2019, so Trout can play with him.

His home course: Mission Viejo Country Club

His golf stats: PGA TOUR

4 hours ago, jonickell25 said:

Fuck it…I’ll do it. Putting all your chips in on rentals was always stupid. Whether you’re going for it or not. We didn’t learn from reading Segura fro 2 months of Greinke? Clevenger? Anyone who actually watches these games know that philosophically and even on the field this team is a below average team.  Hell we called up our first rounder 6 weeks after he was drafted! At least give up the farm for Verlander or the likes of him. At least he has multiple years on his deal. This shows me two things. One, Minasian sucks. Two, Moreno will never get out of the way and have an exclusive baseball decision man. The singing cowboy is rolling over in his grave. 6 games back at the deadline and you make a million moves just praying it all works…when the same manager, hitting and pitching coach….and that sorry ass excuse for a third base coach are still there sucking ass. And the training staff….which obviously sucks. It’s not a coincidence this happens every year.

Yeah….but it doesn’t matter who we have on the field anymore if we keep getting out-coached

6 minutes ago, khouse said:

I think us fans want to know why we traded for them in the first-place...

That's easy to answer: the front office and owner believed they had a shot at the playoffs, so they attempted to upgrade.  I strongly disagree with that belief as well as the particular players they acquired--but I do understand why they did something.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

That's easy to answer: the front office and owner believed they had a shot at the playoffs, so they attempted to upgrade.  I strongly disagree with that belief as well as the particular players they acquired--but I do understand why they did something.

I think Arte wanted to show Shohei that if the team actually had a reasonable chance to make the playoffs at the trade deadline, he would be willing to go over the salary cap if necessary. I was strongly against giving up any of their top prospects from what is generally perceived as one of the weakest farm systems in MLB, for a team that had maybe a 10% chance of making the post-season at that point. Sadly, that's the only time since Ohtani has been here that they've had even that high of a chance.