• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson ragging on the Angels and Arte.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:09 PM, BTH said:

Yeah.

I think the only reason for him to not do that is if he had a legitimate shot at beating Judge’s HR record.

But he’s not on pace to do that.

But he IS on pace to break the club record of 47 homeruns (Troy Glaus).  

21 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Honestly though, if Pujols would have just jumped in a pool and swam laps for an hour a day it probably would have been better for him.

Funny enough, was just thinking that exact thing a few days ago.

And again, I don't say that to defend management. But I go to 2 different gyms, sometimes both on the same day. I'm currently building a mini "just in case gym" in my spare bedroom.

I can only imagine what I could build with 250 mill in my pocket.

But first among them would have been a massive pool. That I would basically live in.

39 minutes ago, Chico said:

However, I could see the Angels' lax mismangement of nutrition and exercise as a reason for the chronic injuries.

I'm totally open to that line of critique. And like I stated in the Minor League Taco Bell thread a few years ago, if it's my team, I'm investing everything I can to make it as good as possible. So I think the Angels would, too.

That said, CJ Wilson came along just after this team spent a decade as a powerhouse. And had the same training staff basically as the World Series team. And guys I knew personally were gym fanatics, private trainers, meal prep etc. (I vividly remember Howie Kendrick being a crossfit guy before it blew up).

My point being that these guys as pro athletes are (IMO) responsible for their fitness and diet. Especially a guy like Pujols that can afford a literal compound at his house to work out at, and an army of personal chefs to make him healthy meals a day.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:38 PM, gurn67 said:

Maybe Shohei is playing because he loves the game and he feels that he has a responsibility to the fans and to fulfill the obligation he made when he signed his contract for this season to continue. He's not an ordinary modern player. Most would have already stopped.

He's playing for a 550M + Free Agent contract = Generational Wealth.... And winning a World Series with his next Team!

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

11 years ago?  I’m over it. 

Me too.  Just another Angels player in a somewhat long list of past assholes.

Who gives a shit? 

CJ Wilson made Patrick Sandoval look like Nolan Ryan in mental toughness.

A guy that has to have a tattoo on his forearm with “PMA” to remind himself to have a Positive Mental Attitude is a mental midget.  Should be automatic.

Edited by PattyD22