• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/27/23 9am on Peacock) Canning on the mound, Schanuel out again

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Great job by Canning!

Rengifo continues to rake in the lead off spot.

But, WTF Moore and Lopez????

Moore with his first mini-slump stretch this year 

Still, Meatloaf’s song applies to this weekend.

It was very strange. I was at the game and expected Moore and Lopez to shut down the Mets instead Lopez imploded. I guess we have to be satisfied with winning the series. I mean we had Escobar at cleanup, Squid and Wallach in the lineup along with a slumping Grichuk and Renfroe. I was expecting a homer from Ohtani but we almost won with that lineup.   

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Great job by Canning!

Rengifo continues to rake in the lead off spot.

But, WTF Moore and Lopez????

Moore with his first mini-slump stretch this year 

Still, Meatloaf’s song applies to this weekend.

On top of all that, against our old GM.  The series win and season for Mets serves you right, Eppler.  Good forking riddance.

Didn't watch the game but I got some Memorial Day weekend one year deal for Peacock at $19.99.  Haven't watched much except for some Murder, She Wrote episodes.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Seriously, what's with Velasquez? Literally every at bat features one or more bunt attempts. The infielders have no respect for him but he still goes up there conceding that he's futile as a hitter. 

I wish any of the Angels reporters would ask Nevin or Perry why they continue to roster Velazquez.

He has no business being a MLB player.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Grichuk and Cron really have no business being on the team in September. I'd say the same thing for Renfroe. Cut all three of them and let them get picked up by another team in contention. 

Just let Cabbage play RF and Adams play LF and platoon with Mickey Moniak once Trout is back ...if he comes back.

Adams sucked defensively in his first stint with the Angels but everyone I talked to says he's an above average outfielder defensively with good range. I say see what you got in your own guys, not dudes that won't be around next year. 

I agree with you. However, I think they're going to try to get to .500 even though it's completely meaningless. 7 consecutive losing seasons, or 8. What difference does it make? it's one thing if you're losing while you are trying to rebuild. This team has lost trying to win. That's a downright embarrassing performance from everyone from the ownership, management, coaching, scouting and players.

Since Arte chose Scioscia over Dipoto in the power struggle in 2015, the Angels have 7, going on 8 consecutive losing seasons. I know I was one of the few on here at that time that felt that Dipoto might have been kind of an ass, but he was good at his job and should have been the one to stay. Scioscia was a nice guy, but he was being out-managed by the new technological tools being utilized by other organizations. It was Seattle's gain, and the Angels' loss. 

6 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Seriously, what's with Velasquez? Literally every at bat features one or more bunt attempts. The infielders have no respect for him but he still goes up there conceding that he's futile as a hitter. 

If he’s on the 40 man next year, it means the off season didn’t go well. 

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Grichuk and Cron really have no business being on the team in September. I'd say the same thing for Renfroe. Cut all three of them and let them get picked up by another team in contention. 

Just let Cabbage play RF and Adams play LF and platoon with Mickey Moniak once Trout is back ...if he comes back.

Adams sucked defensively in his first stint with the Angels but everyone I talked to says he's an above average outfielder defensively with good range. I say see what you got in your own guys, not dudes that won't be around next year. 

The ONLY in season acquisitions that should be offered new contracts are Moose, Lopez, and maybe Giolito.

5 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I agree with you. However, I think they're going to try to get to .500 even though it's completely meaningless. 7 consecutive losing seasons, or 8. What difference does it make? it's one thing if you're losing while you are trying to rebuild. This team has lost trying to win. That's a downright embarrassing performance from everyone from the ownership, management, coaching, scouting and players.

Since Arte chose Scioscia over Dipoto in the power struggle in 2015, the Angels have 7, going on 8 consecutive losing seasons. I know I was one of the few on here at that time that felt that Dipoto might have been kind of an ass, but he was good at his job and should have been the one to stay. Scioscia was a nice guy, but he was being out-managed by the new technological tools being utilized by other organizations. It was Seattle's gain, and the Angels' loss. 

This is a fart in church dude...I don't disagree except for the Scioscia and Dipoto parts!

15 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Hopefully Hubs and Strad will be too preoccupied burning candles at their bedroom Sosh shrine, and won't see this post.. 

17 hours ago, BTH said:

I wish any of the Angels reporters would ask Nevin or Perry why they continue to roster Velazquez.

He has no business being a MLB player.

No reporter would ever ask that question, at least phrased the way you want it.

They may ask why is he struggling to make contact, or why is struggling defensively this year compared to last year, but if you want them to ask “Um, Coach…why does Velasquez suck so bad?”

Not gonna happen.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Is not a good fielder. He is not that much improvement with the bat. 

Velazquez has -4 DRS and -2 OAA.

It's funny how you said

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

There is no one else on the 40 man roster to replace him with. 

and then got proven factually wrong.